Would you like to be part of a public policy team focused on increasing awareness and adoption of Amazon’s cloud product line - Amazon Web Services (AWS) amongst enterprises and the public sector and regulated industry (e.g., financial services and telecom) market segments in India? Do you have government affairs experience and have the technology public policy experience necessary to help further advance Amazon as a leading cloud platform provider at the central and state level?
AWS is leading the cloud computing services globally, and also providing IT infrastructure offerings such as on-demand compute capacity, storage, content delivery, database services and more.
We at Amazon Internet Services Pvt. Ltd (AISPL) are looking for a talented, innovative, and well-connected individual to be a key member of the public policy team in India. You will be responsible for - developing policy positions and advocating for favorable regulatory and state governmental policies and regulations to promote Amazon’s cloudbusiness interests in India - representing the organization on local and state legislative and regulatory matters and - implementing all phases of our policy strategy to ensure an enabling regulatory framework for our business in India. You will report to the India Policy lead for AWS Public Policy (based in Delhi) in AISPL and will need to coordinate efforts with the AISPL local management teams as well as relevant business teams and interact with global counterparts. This is a Mumbai-based government affairs and policy position. Key areas of focus are:
- Analyze the existing regulatory environment, craft and effectively deliver a coordinated advocacy strategy that helps mitigate risks thereby playing a pivotal role in catalyzing sustainable growth for the business.
- Specific focus on two main areas: the financial services regulatory environment and how cloud is used by Indian financial entities; liaison and interaction with Maharashtra state government around Amazon Data centre’sthere.
- Work with internal stakeholders and experts to determine potential opportunities and regulatory issues arising from such changes that may affect the Company, its operating models, products and clients.
- In addition, engage with state and community economic development, workforce and labor, taxation, and other key government agencies, officials as well as chambers of commerce, utilities, and other key public/private stakeholder groups. Collaborate with AISPL operations, infrastructure and corporate real estate teams, legal, tax, HR, finance, corporate communications, and other business partners regarding new corporate initiatives, site expansion plans and requirements
- Prepare submissions to regulatory reviews and engage in consultation with regulators e.g. financial and telecom regulators
- Facilitate high-level meetings between company’s executives and key stakeholders, including senior government officials, regulators, industry association and alliance partners to promote and advocate the company’s public policies
- Contribute to Public Policy and advocacy activity within company, which will include coordinating and drafting responses to public consultation papers, position papers and speaking notes for Company representation in conferences, panels, round tables etc.
- Participating in industry associations and other industry group work on regulatory change including contributing to industry association responses to consultation papers.
- Drive Third Party strategic engagement on policy advocacy and coalition building.
- The successful candidate must be inquisitive, enthusiastic about technology, enjoy working hard and being continually challenged, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations. The responsibilities require that candidates be willing and able to travel outside Mumbai.