Senior Technical Program Manager, Self-Service Performance Advertising (SSPA) Platform
Amazon is investing heavily in building an excellent advertising business, we are responsible for defining, and delivering a collection of self-service performance advertising products – “always-on analytics” that is fully scalable and reliable. Our products are strategically important to our leadership, finance, economists, analysts, and BI partners to drive long-term growth. We mine billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class products. We are highly motivated, collaborative, and fun loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
Amazon.com's performance advertising Analytics and data management team is looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager. As a Senior Technical Program Manager on the team, you must be able to:
- Interact with Project Sponsors, Project Stakeholders and multiple business and technical teams to define and deliver complex features
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints
- Plan and manage multiple parallel projects
- Identify, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels
- Create, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders
- Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.
- Be the glue that is able to understand, plan, and manage the cross-team inter-dependencies for complex systems
- Communicate project issues and status in a concise, accurate, and professional manner
- Apply best practices to the software development lifecycle for projects based on experiences with a number of agile and blended approaches, as well effectively coordinating the implementations across teams using very different approaches
- Build and maintain integrated project schedules that account for internal/external dependencies, differing SDLC approaches, numerous constraints, and adequately factors in some contingency for some unplanned delays while still be aggressive
- Remain flexible to changing priorities, open to new ideas and have Amazon's success firmly in your focus
Senior Technical Program Manager position in Amazon is a role reserved for the few outstanding technical leaders with exceptional accomplishments in program and project management. If you feel excited by the challenge of setting the course for large company wide initiatives, building and launching high scale products across marketplaces and being hands-on involved in the delivery of these initiatives, this may be the next big career move for you.