Amazon.com seeks a Finance Operations Analyst to join the AWS Finance Operations team. The candidate will be responsible for server and network hardware asset leasing globally, creating and maintaining key metrics and reports, and supporting processes for various AWS finance teams. Excellent English written and verbal communication, attention to details, and technical ability to implement report automation using visual basic and excel macros is a key requirement for this position.
Specific duties include:
- Communicating with key internal partners including tax and accounting, equipment suppliers, and lessors, to ensure timely and accurate processing of asset data.
- Reconciling asset data reports and documents, both operationally and financially, and driving inter-company asset transfers, and external asset liquidations.
- Providing information to Fixed Assets-Central Accounting, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable teams.
Ensuring data integrity: - Ensuring 3 way match process is followed to determine payment and capitalization timing of server and network assets - Investigating operational & financial data discrepancies in order to gain resolution - Auditing of records on regular basis, per Finance Operations policies.
Creating reports and reconciling data:
- Creating Oracle reports for AWS finance - Reconciling invoices from Amazon’s imaging system - Creating queries and pulling reports from Oracle Business Intelligence environment - Investigating report outputs to extract key data points to expose to the AWS customers
Qualified candidates must have: · 7-10 years of demonstrable experience in one or more of the following areas: finance operations, finance, accounting, asset management, accounts payable, and/or lease management · Outstanding attention to detail, problem solving, and analytical skills · Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written · The ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines · Excellent Microsoft Excel skills · A degree at the Bachelor level or higher.
· Master's degree in a finance or business discipline. · Visual Basic coding, Excel Macros creation, and MySQL database and query design, and data integration and reporting.