Amazon is seeking a Tax Manager to focus on India income tax reporting and compliance. The Amazon Tax Department is a fast-paced, team-focused, and dynamic environment. The mission of the Foreign Reporting Group is to comply with foreign local tax reporting requirements and manage the worldwide, tax-related filings of Amazon’s foreign entities.
This position will be primarily focused on preparing and reviewing local country tax reporting (India direct tax returns, tax accounting & tax assessments) as well as the international aspects of the US GAAP worldwide income tax provision. The ideal candidate will operate as a partner and be comfortable working closely with various internal teams in order to complete various direct tax compliance as well as various project requirements.
Foreign Tax Reporting and Compliance Responsibilities:
- Prepare and/or review quarterly advance tax computation for various entities and ensuring timely payment of Tax.
- Prepare and/or review monthly, quarterly and annual India income tax returns for various entities.
- Prepare and/or review annual tax computations to support IN GAAP statutory filings for India based entities.
- Prepare and/or review monthly/ quarterly tax computations to support US GAAP provision for India based entities and support Amazon’s worldwide US GAAP provision for India based companies.
- Review of financial statements, reports and support closing of local financial statements.
- Review Tax audits and drive completion of tax audits report on time from tax stand point.
- Support & review transfer pricing compliance and ensure they are completed on time.
- Co-ordination with Tax Consultants for effective completion of income-tax returns, submissions & representation of information.
- Co-ordination with inter dept. on various matters related to tax.
- Support on going income-tax and transfer pricing assessment at various levels.
- Co-ordinate, prepare and review submission to the tax department.
- Act as primary liaison with external tax advisors in India.
- Help prepare/ develop tax requirements that clearly articulate solutions, and help drive the implementation of the tax requirements.
- Able to extract, analyse, and review data and make appropriate recommendations.
Tax Planning Research & Analysis Responsibilities:
- Review and distribute regular reports for management, including filing status of worldwide filings, taxes paid/accrued, new entity tracker, etc.
- Lead special projects, as necessary
- CA or CWA or Masters from a recognized institute or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 8 years of direct tax experience.
- Must have proven ability to manage projects to closure, with strong attention to detail.
- Must have proven ability to influence decisions in a multi-functional and international team environment.
- Experience working in a large public accounting firm or multi-national corporate tax department.
- Experience in a fast moving MNC for at least last 3 years highly preferred, and able to work in a fast paced, informal, and often ambiguous environment.
- Knowledge and experience with accounting for income taxes under IN GAAP required.
Understanding of accounting concepts.
- Experience with Oracle Financial Applications helpful
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.