Amazon is seeking a Foreign Tax Senior Analyst to focus on India income tax reporting and compliance. The Amazon tax department is a fast-paced, team-focused, dynamic environment. This position will be responsible for supporting local country tax reporting in India, including preparing filings, reconciling accounts, and generating reports for manager review. This position will also provide support on foreign tax planning projects.
Foreign Tax Reporting and Compliance Responsibilities:
- Prepare work papers and supporting data for India direct tax return filings
- Detail review of India direct tax filings and supporting workpapers
- Drive process improvement and automation and technology implementation throughout the foreign tax reporting and compliance process
- Calculate and prepare estimated India direct tax payments
- ASC 740/foreign local quarterly and annual India direct tax provision calculation
- Develop and prepare standard operating procedures for review and approval by management
Tax Planning Research & Analysis Responsibilities:
- Prepare and contribute to regular reports for management, including tax returns filing status, taxes paid/accrued, new entity tracker, etc.
- Participate in special projects, as necessary
- CA or CWA or Masters from a recognized institute or equivalent preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field required
- Minimum 6 years’ experience working in tax
- Must be technically proficient and have strong accounting, analytical, financial modeling and research skills
- MS in Taxation preferred
- Experience using Corptax tax preparation software
- Strong income tax operational experience including and preparation of income tax compliance and reporting obligations for US multinational organization
- Tax provision experience and understanding of accounting pronouncements
- Strong project management and organization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work as a team player in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Strong computer skills including MS Office, Oracle.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.