Amazon strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can research and purchase anything they might want online or offline. Prime Video is changing the way people watch movies and TV shows, with over 1 million titles available on-demand to Kindle, Fire, mobile devices, game consoles, Internet-connected TVs, Blu-ray players and set-top-boxes across different markets in the world. Are you excited to drive high-visibility, strategic projects as well as bring on operational process improvement initiatives for a fast growing business of Amazon? Are you equally comfortable digging in to business requirements as drilling in to architecture and design with development teams? Are you comfortable developing strong business relations with Studio partners and managing their performance through metrics? If so, you would be the right person for the Head of Prime Video India Content Operations, Senior Manager role that we are seeking for the Amazon Prime Video WW Content Operations team. The Sr Manager is accountable for the overall direction, scaling and operations of our site, creating a culture of customer obsession, high performance and high quality throughput - leading to scaling of this organization, owning consistent delivery of results against the organizational objectives.
The team’s core mission is to receive and ingest content from our partner studios and networks, manage it through the publishing process, and ensure it makes it way to the site on-time and in pristine condition in the format and with offers necessary to support our rapidly expanding service. In addition to continuously driving and improving execution of this core mission, you will work closely with external and internal studios leadership team, cross-functional counterparts in engineering, content acquisition, product management, finance, and executive teams to ensure the operations team and systems are supporting the broader growth, launching new features, developing and growing business opportunities, and enhancing our customer experience. You will define and drive the program roadmap to scale the business and build new use cases for publishing videos. A successful candidate will be able to earn trust at executive level, be highly analytical, resourceful, customer-focused, team oriented, and with the ability to work independently under time constraints. He or she will have a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
Summary of Responsibilities:
* Set and drive the overall vision, direction and culture of India Prime Video organization managing partner relationships, content processing and evaluation
* Develop long-term and strategic operational partnerships with external Studios and Amazon Studios, content providers and service vendors.
* Manage studios performance through regular business reviews and scorecards
* On-board studios to latest Prime Video specs, pipeline and workflow enhancements
* Drive cost effective solutions with studios, post houses and vendors.
* Drive operational process improvements working with internal stakeholders like marketing, legal, finance, accounting, quality, operations integration teams
* Manage and own performance of internal service providers
* Manage individual and team performance expectations and goals, monitoring real time service levels and schedule adherence, holding the teams accountable to meet and exceed performance targets
* Create a culture where accountability, transparency, process orientation and collaboration are the norm and where rapid deep dives into root causes of defects is a standard operating practice
* Implement bar-raising programs aimed at hiring and developing top talent and work with team on their career development roadmap
* Responsible for creating a coaching culture across the org where formal and informal coaching opportunities are availed of. Improve the experience of the data associates & managers as measured by improvements in attrition and employee engagement surveys.
* Foster a work environment that respects each other and is responsive to the needs of a diverse staff as per Amazon policies
* Achieve improvements in Quality, Efficiency, First Pass Yield, Productivity, Cost, Partner experience and People metrics.