Imagine being a part of a small, agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions within a matter of months. Picture working on cutting edge technologies, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up.
AWS Search Services is looking for Software Development Engineers for its Chennai team who can help build cutting edge search technologies for customers of all sizes. If you have a solid understanding of fundamental algorithms and are able to produce bulletproof code, we are looking for you. Search Services team develops and maintains two of the AWS services "Amazon Elasticsearch Service" and "Amazon CloudSearch".
You are highly-motivated and thrive in an environment where problems are open-ended. You enjoy engaging in passionate discussions with smart people and letting the best ideas rise to the top. You see your mistakes as learning opportunities and continually look for ways to improve yourself, your team and your products. You understand that not all solutions come easily and don’t shy away from hard work to reach your goals.
We are looking for smart, motivated Software Development Engineers who can help take the service to new heights. If you have the skills to building large-scale and high-performance services, this is the job for you.
As a search services engineer you will:
- Design, develop, and support a world-class CloudSearch and Elasticsearch platform that manages thousands of search domains across two AWS services.
- Work with senior engineers in the team to deliver many components of the entire stack.
- Focus on scalability, performance, service robustness, and cost trade-offs. (Especially as they pertain to a highly-virtualized, elastic, cloud-based environment)
- Apply scientific analysis and mathematical modeling techniques to predict, measure, and evaluate the consequences of designs and the ongoing success of our platform
- Continuously drive to explore, improve, enhance, automate, and optimize distributed systems and tools to best meet evolving business and market needs
- Work alongside a dedicated operations team to develop and support the smooth 24x7 operation of our worldwide service.