Amazon is seeking a creative, thoughtful and customer-obsessed senior user experience designer to help us define the future of Indian online shopping for Amazon.in
Your primary focus will be to create elegant and customer-focused designs that provide a superior retail experience working in close collaboration with business, product, technology, and design teams across international locations
You will get the opportunity to own comprehensive end-to-end experiences, work across Amazon services and infrastructure yet provide locally relevant presentations of expansive content and functionality across a manifold of product lines, client devices, and locales.
· Design a superior shopping experience.
· Define and achieve holistic product objectives.
· Collaborate with cross-functional teams like product managers, developers, and designers.
· Develop and provide thought leadership in the retail user experience across devices.
· Leverage available insights like market analysis, customer feedback, site metrics, and usability findings.
· Advocate for the customer and user-centered design in a corporate environment.
· Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, detailed visual mockups and prototypes.
· Communicate high-level design strategies and detailed interaction behaviors.
· Develop and maintain effective specifications and design patterns.
· Provide mentorship for designers and interns.
1. Basic Qualifications
· At least 10 years of work experience in Interface Design, Interaction Design, or Information Architecture
· A strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience and relevant, user-centered design solutions
· An innate capacity for creating engaging, highly usable designs and layouts
· Experience with designing end-user, web-based applications
· Fluency in best practices for Information Architecture and Interaction Design
· Ability to quickly turn around rigorous wireframes and mockups in an iterative environment
· The ability to provide detailed specifications and/or optimized HTML and CSS prototypes for our Developers and Engineers to work from
· A general understanding of how Design impacts Development (and vice versa), along with a knack for constructing dynamic, interactive designs that are technically feasible/prudent
· A strong awareness of common Usability methods and principles
· A lucid sense for how individual components and features impact their larger applications, and how to optimize accordingly
· Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
· The ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously, and multi-task in an agile environment
· Effectiveness in working across organizational boundaries to define, manage, and prioritize work
· A clean sense of design aesthetics, and a natural propensity towards simplification over complication
· An aptitude and honed intuition for tasteful, visual design details
· An enduring sense of humor
· Ability and passion to design for a foreign context
2. Preferred Qualifications
• Retail/E-commerce design experience in a global context
• Experience working with international teams