Amazon is seeking an experienced team manager to develop and manage transcription and annotation team to support our speech and language technology. The Team Manager will lead the transcription effort in India and partner closely with the Operations Manager. S/he will become an expert in the transcription and annotation processes, train and support the transcription team, maintain accuracy and throughput standards.
The Team Manager must have a passion for data, efficiency, and accuracy. Specifically, the Team Manager will:
· Manage the operations floor on a day to day basis covering approximately 20 -30 Associates and Subject Matter Experts
· Develop the work schedule for the week by balancing work between the various work processes (transcription, verification, annotation etc.) as per the current demand
· Build daily and weekly status reports from metrics databases for communication to stakeholders
· Track metrics around quality and productivity. Monitor quality of transcriber’s work as per the requirements of the quality audit process and meet audit quality targets set on a weekly basis.
· Ensure productivity is maximized through supervision, analysis and feedback of transcriber performance data on a periodic basis
· File and track tickets and follow up on blocking or productivity impacting issues
· Coordinating with the HR team to escalate issues when the need arises
· Maintain constant communication through daily huddles and provide regular feedback to the team and have monthly formal 1:1 with direct reports
· Manage people effectively to maintain a highly motivated and top performing work force
· Identify and help implement process-related improvement by following identified techniques such as Kaizen, six sigma or lean techniques