UPI is a 24X7 instant, standardized, and interoperable payment method which customers can use to pay beneficiaries and merchants from their bank account (with a potential to be expanded to more payment instruments). Since UPI was introduced by RBI in Sep’16, which started with a single bank, it has scaled to 54 banks and 16M monthly transactions (45% QOQ growth) in a short span of 12 months. Total active users in Aug’17 were ~12MM with the numbers fast growing. Given the significant impact UPI is having across the country, the IN Payment teams is working on defining and implementing the strategy for UPI for customers in India as well as partnering and working with the external agencies that are enabling UPI across the country.
The UPI team is looking for a Senior Engineer to lead and contribute in building the platform for this very fast growing and ubiquitous product. To build this platform you will need to be well versed with high performance architecture, high performance transaction management, distributed data processing and storage technologies, and bring this expertise to influence next generation budgeting, payments, reporting and auditing requirements Responsibilities
- Partner with Product managers and Business owners to define key components of the overall strategy.
- Build a robust and scalable platform that will enable a large volume of transactions and events to be processed.
- Play a pivotal role in choosing the right technology to build these solution components on.
- Play the role of a technology leader for a high performing team of engineers.
- Exerting technical influence over other teams (both within and outside of amazon.in ecosystem) by providing design consultations, sharing your deep software engineering knowledge and experience etc. which will help increase their productivity and effectiveness
- Assisting directly and indirectly in the continual hiring and development of technical talent
- Assisting in the career development of technical colleagues, actively mentoring individuals and the community on advanced technical issues and helping managers guide the career growth of their team members
- Contributing to Amazon intellectual property through patents
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer.