Are you excited by the challenge of launching new business initiatives for Amazon in India?
India Consumer Business (ICB) Technology team builds products and services that solve unique customer needs in Amazon’s fastest growing marketplace. We are a multi-billion dollar business with a huge potential to grow in a trillion dollar market. Our engineers own the complete consumer and seller experience for Amazon India, work on a wide range of technologies (including AWS and EC2) and build and operate highly scalable, low latency mobile first products and services. We are solving last mile engineering challenges around Mobile, Product Discovery, Delivery, Payments, Logistics, Customer experience, Seller experience and more
We are looking to build an engineering team in Bangalore, that will be focused on setting up new business venture and a brand new storefront on Amazon India.
As a Sr. software engineer within Amazon India consumable team, you will be responsible for designing, developing and deploying solutions to help Amazon significantly expand its selection and drive improved customer experience. This is a rare opportunity to be part of a team that will be responsible for building a successful, sustainable and strategic grocery business for Amazon, from the ground up!
If you are looking for an opportunity to build creative technology solutions that positively impact hundreds of millions of international customers, and relish large ownership and diverse technologies, join our team today! You will work with Senior/Principal Engineers at Amazon to evolve the design and architecture of the products owned by this team. You will be responsible to set up and hold a high software quality bar besides providing technical direction to a highly technical team of Software Engineers. Key Responsibilities:
- Design services and experience that helps customer build their grocery baskets bigger and faster
- Build IN features on the merged NOW/FRESH platform stacks. Drive the design of the merge stack factoring in IN nuances.
- Work closely with senior engineers to design, implement and deploy applications that impact the Amazon.in business with an emphasis on e-Commerce website development and platform services..
- Own the delivery of an integral piece of a system or application.
- Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments
- Assist directly and indirectly in the continual hiring and development of technical talent.
- Create and execute appropriate quality plans, project plans, test strategies and processes for development activities in concert with business and project management efforts