Sr. Technical Program Manager
is a newly created role to build world class business intelligence and reporting systems for ADS teams.
This role is accountable for the building software systems for ADS. S(he) should thrive and have demonstrated success in an environment which offers ambiguously defined problems, big challenges, and quick changes. S(he) will be expected to balance detailed execution with speed and possess solid collaborative skills. S(he) will be working in a fast-paced environment where every day brings new challenges and new opportunities. S(he) would refine the software development processes, contributing cross-functional technical and product expertise, assessing and managing risks, anticipating and resolving bottlenecks, providing escalation management, anticipating and making tradeoffs, and balancing business needs with technical constraints. This position involves regular communication with senior management on project status and risks. Executive presentation skills are essential.
The successful candidate will be a recognized role model for their leadership and technical abilities. Summary of Responsibilities
- You have a high capacity and tolerance for extreme context switching and interruptions while remaining productive and able to provide effective guidance.
- You participate in efforts to promote security throughout the Company. Recognize, adopt, and utilize best practices in Information security during software engineering.
- You interact with engineers, development managers, designers and senior management on a daily basis
- Run meetings, create and maintain timelines, and keep large, diverse groups informed of progress and obstacles.
- Work with engineers to develop detailed and creative solutions to complex problems.
- Manage the prioritization and backlog of feature requests and conduct scoping estimates. You create, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders.
- You participate in efforts that create and improve the company’s security policies.
- You work in a team, driving things forward. You collaborate to ensure that decisions are based on the merit of the proposal, not the proposer. When none of the proposals is the obvious winner, you are still decisive, able to disagree and commit to the team’s decision.
- You continue to move forward in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge. You do not suffer from “analysis paralysis”.
- You build good working relationships within the team and with others across Amazon by developing and earning the trust of others.
- You proactively support knowledge sharing within the team and across the company.
- You communicate clearly both verbally and in writing with your team and with other groups. You listen effectively.
- You manage cross-functional team issue resolution.
- Serve as an authority in the area of technical and domain expertise and mentor, develop engineers on the team.