Interested in Amazon Echo? Come work on it. We’re building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. We’re working hard, having fun, and making history; come join us!
Amazon is seeking an experienced operations, program, or team manager to develop and manage a large team of direct and indirect reports to support our speech and language technology. The Sr.Operations Manager will become an expert in the transcription and annotation processes, manage a team of other operations managers to ensure that data associates are adequately trained and supported, that accuracy and throughput standards are maintained, and that risks and mitigation strategies are communicated across an expanding, globally-distributed organization.
The Sr.Operations Manager must have a passion for data, efficiency, accuracy, and coaching & developing others. Specifically, the Sr.Operations Manager will:
- Manage day-to-day operations of a team of Ops managers, managers and data associates (transcribers & annotators) including logistics, resource/equipment planning, staffing, quality control, and reporting
- Oversee the hiring & training of new team members and support their development
- Ensure productivity is maximized through supervision, training, analysis, and feedback of performance data on a periodic basis
- Partner closely with the research team to adapt to changing transcription conventions, tooling developments, and expansion to new data areas
- Collect, track, & present metrics related to transcription processes, team accuracy and efficiency, and drive improvements in efficiency, throughput and cost across the organization
- Communicate effectively with other operations and/or program managers at other sites regarding risks, mitigation strategies, and success of project SLAs
- Continuously evaluate transcription tools and processes and offer solutions to ensure they are efficient, high quality, and scale able
- Utilize strategic thinking to plan/develop team and site growth to support data delivery
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical and logistical issues