Do you feel the challenge and the adrenaline kick when a huge data-set stares you in the face and you know that somewhere inside are hidden very powerful business insights that can fundamentally alter the way top business leaders think and act? Do you enjoy presenting strong data backed insights to business leaders; insights that can topple their long held beliefs and compel them to change their direction completely? If yes, then you are the one we are looking for.
We are looking for specialists with deep expertise in the analysis of very large datasets. People who design, develop, troubleshoot, debug, evaluate, support, and publish in-depth analyses to support strategic and tactical decision-making. Those who join this high visibility team would have to navigate through significant ambiguity and will be influencing go/no-go decisions for Amazon Business largest corporate initiatives on Analytics Platform Development Responsibilities
Complexity of Work
- Focuses on complex, business critical analysis, as well as on tactical analysis projects within Amazon Business Ecosystem, pertaining to new customer identification, customer propensity models and purchase pattern identification through statistical analysis.
- May own an entire analysis or a piece of a larger analysis project. May serve as analysis lead on small-scale, less complex projects.
- Resolves internal customer or external partner complaints and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
- May lead small to mid-size analysis projects and help scope and plan for larger projects.
- Effectively analyzes technical risks to a project. Ability to make the right trade-offs between schedule, resources and scope in order to deliver on a project.
- Effectively interfaces with internal users or external partners to diagnose and resolve issues, define analysis requirements and modifications, and build better analysis.
- Performs data validations on huge complex datasets using ETL, SQL and R/Python
- Modifies, designs, develops, debugs, and supports more complex analyses.
- Defines specs for analyses and modifies/maintains existing, complex analyses.
- May create a new analysis from top to bottom within broadly defined parameters.
- Skilled user of specialized analysis software such as R and languages such as Python
- Makes recommendations and decisions that impact development schedules and the success for an initiative in the department/group supported.