Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with a mission to create the most customer-centric company in the universe, a company that customers from all over the globe will recognize, value, and trust for both our products and our service. Amazon has a fast-paced environment where we “Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History.”
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition as the global leader in Cloud technologies. As an increasing number of enterprises move their critical systems to the cloud, we are in need of high-powered technical talent to help our customers navigate the operational challenges and complexities of cloud computing.
AWS Support provides global technical support to a wide range of customers as they build applications on top of AWS services. As a member of the AWS Support team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology assisting a global list of companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications. You will work with leading companies in this space and directly with the engineering teams within Amazon who are developing these new capabilities. We have a team of talented Support Engineers located in five countries around the world, and are growing rapidly. Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
- Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that will span multiple AWS services.
- Troubleshoot application deployments, recreate customer issues, and build proof of concept applications.
- Write and interpret configuration scripts for customer environments to install programs, configure logging, and modify configuration files.
- Dive deep to resolve problems at their root, looking for failure patterns and suggest fixes.
- Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions depending on customer use cases.
- Leverage your extensive support experience to work with internal AWS teams on improving our services.
- Drive projects that improve support-related processes and our customers’ technical support experience.
- Create tutorials, how-to videos, and other technical articles for internal and customer communities.
- Learn and apply ground breaking technologies.
AWS is seeking talented individuals, well versed in DevOps technologies, automation, infrastructure orchestration, configuration management and continuous integration, who are not constrained by how “things are usually done”. As an AWS Premium Support Engineer, you would typically be involved in the following activities on a day-to-day basis.
Empower AWS customers who use AWS deployment management services, including but not limited to:
§ CloudFormation, (Infrastructure as Code)
§ Elastic Beanstalk
§ ECS (Orchestrating Containers)
§ OpsWorks (Automate Operations)
§ CodeDeploy, CodePipeline, CodeCommit (Implementing CI/CD pipelines on AWS)
§ AWS Core Services like (EC2, VPC, IAM, ELB and S3)
Act as customer’s advocate and have a strong voice into the product development teams. This includes:
§ Raising feature requests on behalf of the customers’ use cases.
§ Ensuring timely communication and driving technical issues towards closure.
§ Raising bug reports.
§ Help customers architect and optimize their AWS infrastructure.
Apart from working on a broad spectrum of technical issues, an AWS Premium Support engineer will also coach/mentor new hires, develop and deliver trainings, partner with development teams on complex issues or contact deflection initiatives, participate in recruiting top talent, write tools/script to help the team, or work with leadership on process improvement and strategic initiatives.
As we operate on follow-the-sun model, with support sites in various locations globally, there is no after hours, on-call or mandated overtime in this role.
A suitable candidate would be a DevOps Engineer or a Sys Admin/Network Admin with very good programming/scripting knowledge who is extremely customer focused, can multi-task, and utilizes both written & verbal communication skills to help our diverse range of customers to resolve their technical issues. This role will provide career growth opportunities as you gain new DevOps skills while performing your job.