The Seller Services (Seller Experience) division is one of the fastest growing businesses within Amazon. There are over 2.4 million merchants, ranging from students selling their text books to nation-wide retail chains, selling on Amazon’s international marketplaces. Collectively, these merchants are responsible for selling about 1/3rd of all items ordered from Amazon.com world-wide. The revenue and free cash flow generated by the Seller Services business are at the same proportions. This is an already-large business that is continuing to grow at a high rate year-over-year and we have several new initiatives that will further accelerate this trend. The technology platform is the cornerstone for our growth. The team is investing heavily in building a highly scalable global platform that can handle millions of transactions every month worth billions of dollars while maintaining buyer’s and seller’s trust on the platform. The team aspires to provide sellers with state-of-the-art tools for managing their inventory and orders and financial reporting.
We are creating a strong development team in India that will focus on building part of this platform. We are looking for a leader for the Delhi team who is passionate about global development and building highly scalable and extensible platforms. The leader will need to have strong focus on engineering excellence and performance metrics. The leader will be obsessed with developing high-performance teams through rigorous goal setting, disciplined attention to performance metrics, continuous process improvement, and mutual support and mentorship.
* Passion for building scalable, global, complex systems to solve problems with proven ability to deliver high quality software.
* Solid understanding of Object-Oriented design and concepts.
* Expert knowledge of Java, C/C++ is a must. Knowledge of Perl would be an added advantage
* Should be comfortable with working on Unix/Linux based operating systems
* Self-directed and capable of working effectively in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment.
* Managed teams of top notch software engineers to keep them challenged and provide mentorship to the team
* BS or MS in Computer Science or in a relevant Engineering discipline.
* Understanding of databases solutions and previous record of having worked on high performing solutions would be a big plus
* Experience in developing new frameworks and an inclination of developing a product instead of a customized application