This role is open for Mumbai/Bangalore/Chennai/Hyderabad/Delhi/Pune.
Amazon aims to be the most customer centric company on earth. Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers critical applications for hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world.
In this role, you would be part of a diverse team of professionals managing complex and ambitious projects to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering large scale enterprise migration to AWS. Achieving success will require coordination across many internal AWS teams and external AWS Partners, with impact and visibility at the highest levels of the company. You’ll need to make prioritization decisions across the portfolio that require both keen business and technical judgment, and will also drive process and execution goals.
The successful candidate must have exceptional problem solving skills, strong business judgment, and demonstrated experience managing cross-functional teams. We are looking for a proven ability to execute both strategically and tactically, and someone who is excited to take on new, ambiguous projects.
In the Professional Services team, we’re hiring both highly technical cloud computing consultants and experienced business focused individuals to take leadership roles to develop and execute strategies for all phases of large scale migrations for customers rapidly moving large numbers of applications onto AWS.
The Migration Success Manager will be responsible for managing several concurrent high visibility customers using agile methodologies, project control, business communication, and strategic oversight of selected customers that participate in the migrations program. This person will work with AWS and AWS Partners to identify methodology, tools and technology that will be leveraged to build a blueprint for successful migration. You will work with all stakeholders to assemble project teams, assign responsibilities, identify appropriate resources needed, and develop schedules to ensure timely completion of projects by meeting project milestones. You will make strong business cases for project prioritization and investments of time and resources. You will also assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, balance the business needs versus technical constraints to maximize customer success.
· Expertise - High level of knowledge and experience in blending traditional project management principles and practices with an Agile Method approach for large, complex, mission-critical, enterprise-level migration projects, with the appropriate level of planning, agility and predictability.
· Solutions - Define and deliver migration engagements with partners and customers. This includes participating in on-site visits, mapping customer business and technical requirements, and guiding the delivery of technical solutions, both AWS and AWS Partner led, designed to dig deep into the details of customer systems to be migrated to AWS.
· Delivery - Engagements include working with customers and AWS Partners to discover and map hardware and software solutions on customer’s premise or alternate cloud solutions in order to execute migration plans to move customer workloads to AWS.
· Feedback and Insights - Work with AWS Professional Services, engineering and support teams to convey partner and customer needs and feedback as input to technology roadmaps and improving migration program success. Share real world migration challenges and recommend new capabilities that would simplify adoption and drive greater success of AWS cloud migrations.
· Cross Functional – working with peer leaders in Professional Services practice areas to develop cross-functional ability to augment each other’s roles when necessary or so as to provide perspective for improvement.