The successful candidate will lead a team of 50-60 employees and will report into Senior Manager, Global AR. The candidate will be a strong communicator and will be responsible for coordinating and representing the interests of Finance Operations receivables group within Amazon in the areas of Vendor/client dispute management, Invoicing, Remittance Application and Collections.
The responsibility of this role will be Global process management. This individual will be a very strong leader who is adept at driving change within a very dynamic business environment and has a proven record of delivering process efficiency results.
Job duties include: Management responsibilities
· Performs autonomously, initiates and manages complex, departmental and/or cross- company work.
· Managing process workload and establishing priorities.
· Is expected to set and improve policies and procedures, maintaining full compliance, implementing best practices.
· Focus is broad, will lead on projects and areas of finance or support of a business.
· Independently manages and drives recruiting efforts. Continually raises the bar.
· Plays significant role in career development of the team.
· Drives execution of vision and goals for the team. Business Responsibilities
· Setting up process priorities and aligning with overall organization priorities.
· Driving organization’s strategy around vendor/customer experience. With continually looking at improvement in metrics, SLA by process improvement, automation.
· Exploring upstream/downstream improvement opportunities by working with business partners and stakeholders.
· Partnering with the business and IT to scope and implement new technology functionality & enhance existing processes and solutions.
· Drive expansion of vendor self-service functionality and improvement in vendor experience through more timely and effective communications.
· Optimizing global invoicing techniques for the Retail and Non-Retail channels.
· Building and maintaining operations’ performance metrics and continually raising the bar.
· Evaluating and communicating accounts receivable controllership risks with the Finance Operations, assessing the adequacy of existing controls and implementing new controls as needed.
· Operationalizing policies, documentation and implementation, and procedural compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. This includes developing, modifying and maintaining the operational and design effectiveness of internal controls partnering with Internal Audit.
· Ability to lead and contribute in other process areas like cash application, credit notes management, receivables and debit balance collection.
· Hands on experience of managing and leading a team of 50-60 members including Operational managers across receivables processes.