Do you want to develop the next generation Payments products for India's fastest growing e-commerce company? Do you enjoy working in an entrepreneurial environment solving complex technical problems and delivering innovative solutions? If so, join us on Amazon India Payments Tech team. We are a group of talented technical professionals that are empowered and driven to build innovative world class experiences for millions of Amazon customers. The India Payments Tech in Bangalore is responsible to build product and technology solutions to build great payments products and experiences using various technologies to solve complex problems related to distributed systems, scalable architecture, machine learning, and algorithms.
As the sr. TPM, you will be responsible for driving the technical direction and execution for a large software system. You will be working with cross-functional team to develop solutions that span from scalable distributed systems to machine learning. You will also be responsible for working closely with other managers / TPM's teams within Amazon to improve their systems. To be successful you will:
- Be responsible for the end to end ownership of a technology team, including setting the technical vision for developing our systems to serve Amazon's needs.
- Create, prioritize, communicate, maintain, and execute product roadmaps
- Manage managers to build a high performance team with high velocity while maintaining a high bar for quality
- Foster culture of continuous engineering improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics
- Hire, coach, and mentor individuals; build a strong cross-functional organization
- Be a champion of engineering and operational excellence and establish team metrics for that excellence; including a consistent, regular process for assessment and improvement.
- Propose and implement new projects or recommend system improvements.
- Establish a consistent, project management framework and excellent development processes to deliver high quality software, in rapid iterations, for business partners in multiple geographies.
- Show strong business and technical judgment that will accelerate time to market of releases, while incrementally moving our services towards the long term vision.
- Represent the technical organization and evangelize the work to senior leadership.
- Raise the bar on technical excellence, show thought leadership, and communicate well to different audiences.