Amazon is seeking a Senior Tax Analyst to join its Direct Tax Reporting team in Bangalore, India supporting the Worldwide CapEx team. The Amazon Tax Department is a fast-paced, team-focused, dynamic environment. The mission of the Worldwide CapEx team is to timely, accurately, and efficiently report the income tax impact of global CapEx to our internal customers.
This position will primarily assist in analyzing CapEx-related transactions and calculating the income tax reporting amounts for multiple jurisdictions, including US federal/state; Australia; Japan; Ireland; India; South Korea; and more. Examples of relevant transactions are: operating and capital leases; depreciation of fixed assets; amortization of intangibles; and cost recovery of digital content.
A successful candidate will have excellent organizational and communication skills; a strong attention to detail; and a mastery of Excel and other technology tools to automate the organization of vast amounts of data into useful information. S/he can also prioritize multiple tasks in a deadline-driven, dynamic environment. Additional Responsibilities
· Assist in preparation of Amazon’s income tax provision and tax returns as it relates to CapEx transactions by analyzing book-tax differences; preparing workpapers and technical memorandums; and importing data into compliance software. Tax reporting forms include Federal Forms 4562, 8594, 8883, etc. and equivalent foreign local country forms
· Complete the annual deferred tax rollforward for fixed assets and intangibles; identify drivers of basis differences
· Coordinate information requests with internal and external service providers to ensure accurate and timely inclusion within various tax reporting deliverables
· Identify and develop process improvements which increase efficiency and scalability of data
· Participate in special projects as assigned