Senior Tax Analyst, Tax (Level 6) JOB DESCRIPTION
Amazon is seeking a Senior Tax Analyst to join its Direct Tax Reporting team in Hyderabad, India supporting the Worldwide CapEx Team with the reporting of intangibles and digital content from a multi-national direct income tax perspective. This position involves cross-functional teaming with various stakeholders across Accounting, Legal, Tax, M&A, external auditors, etc. This person will be responsible for researching tax issues, preparation and review of work papers, gathering support for Amazon’s US Federal income tax returns and local country corporate income tax returns, income tax accounting, and income tax audits.
A successful candidate will have excellent organizational and communication skills, a strong attention to detail, a mastery of Excel and other technology tools to automate the organization of vast amounts of data into useful information, and able to prioritize multiple tasks in a deadline driven, dynamic environment. General Duties:
- Own and prepare worldwide income tax reporting schedules relating to digital content and intangibles. Income tax reporting will include forecasting, provision, income tax returns, deferred tie-outs, E&P, Forms 4562, 8594, 8883, etc.
- Drive the implementation of scalable tax reporting systems to handle related intangibles and digital content growth.
- Research and write memos documenting various tax issues relating to created and acquired digital content and intangible assets.
- Partner with M&A team to gather information for acquisitions for acquired intangibles, 338 elections, holdback payments, intercompany transfers, etc.
- Coordinate with outside service providers regarding local country tax rules for intangibles and digital content.
- Assist with documentation of various reporting and compliance processes for intangibles and capitalized film production.
- Assist with implementation of BNA Fixed Assets for intangibles and digital content.
- Assist with special projects and provide assistance as needed
- 5+ years of US income taxation experience, specifically US federal corporate taxation and consolidations
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Tax, or related field.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and SharePoint skills.
- Chartered Accountant, Certified Public Accountant, or Enrolled Agent certification.
- ASC740 skills a plus.
- Strong communication.
- Solid organizational, and project management skills.
- Experience with using technology such as Oracle, CorpTax, BNA, visual data analytics, etc.
- Background in fixed assets or intangibles and is comfortable in manipulating large data sets with complex cost recovery rules.
- Self-starter; must have strong desire to help improve processes for scalability, efficiency, and accuracy.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a deadline driven, dynamic environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.