Amazon.com and its subsidiaries are leaders in the online retail industry, enabling customers WW to purchase millions of unique items. As a result of a having a highly visited set of websites, and rich data on customer purchase patterns, the Advertising team was formed with the specific charter of marketing our products, and to drive traffic to Amazon to increase sales. It is also responsible for monetizing the Amazon.com owned and operated properties by placing 3rd party ads on these sites, in addition to effectively being able to target users on other Publisher sites with our unique purchase pattern data.
We have systems that monitor customer behavior and actions on Amazon.com and on other websites, correlate purchases and browsing history on the internet, and come up with intelligent advertising campaigns that would maximize the benefit to Amazon. We do this by calculating the probability of a customer making a purchase (or clicking through) because of an advertisement, the cost of showing that advertisement, and make a data based decision on what advertisement is best to surface.
In other words, you will be working on products and solutions that enable us to place highly effective advertisements on a variety of Publishing sources â?" websites, Mobile apps, Tablet apps, gaming devices, TVs etc. You will be competing in a cutting edge space with other Advertising giants like Google, Yahoo, Face book and a Microsoft with your products, and have tremendous business impact.
As a Product Manager in the Publisher Products team, you will be responsible in taking our Publisher offerings to the next level. You will focus on the Publisher as a customer, and come with innovative features and products that enable Publishers to maximize their revenue on mobile devices using Amazon advertising products with the least effort. You will analyze competing products in the Market, and stay ahead of the game. You will compete with companies like Google, Yahoo, Millenial Media, InMobi and many other companies in giving Amazon.com a leading edge in the advertising space. You will develop products primarily for all type of mobile devices.
You will be driving the next set of features that need to be built out on our platform that will bring more ad revenue to Amazon. You will also be responsible for driving features in the direction of an advertising network product, including doing research on existing advertising products, analyzing data on traffic patterns, feature gap analysis, prioritizing features in an incremental way, formulating go-to-market strategies.
In addition to coming up with the product features that need to be implemented, you will also be responsible for working with Software teams in coming up with what software changes need to be implemented in which system, in order for the feature to launch and defining a plan to launch these features. You will be responsible for clarifying use cases, requirements and milestones. You are also responsible for working with Software teams to track the progress against the plan and making trade-offs between feature prioritization and launch dates. We are looking for a seasoned product manager who enjoys working on coming up with new features that monetize well for the business, believes in taking full ownership of product and thrives in a fast paced fun environment. Having good knowledge of software and system architecture is a must. She/he should lead by example and set an exceptionally high bar for themselves and the team.
- Relevant work experience in Product Management and a proven ability to translate customer needs into business and product requirements
- Engineering background with hands on software development experience.
- Proven track record of delivering the right set of features for the business that monetizes well.
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills, and tools to perform analysis. Ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop project business cases.
- High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications.
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, schedule tradeoffs and opportunistic new ideas with technical employees.
- Should be able to think strategically and execute methodically and tactically.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
- Composed, poised and professional demeanor.
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up ones sleeves to get the job done.
Amazon.com offers competitive salary, stock grants, health and other benefits.