The Appstore Chennai team is looking for seasoned and talented Quality Assurance Engineers (QAEs) to help us execute the vision on our vision of Appstore on mobile platforms. As a QAE, you will serve as the quality lead and strategy owner for large cross-functional projects, scope test requirements, and lead other test engineers in creating quality test plans. You will get the opportunity to define quality metrics for complex projects, and identify trends to prevent future defects. You will work closely with Engineering, Product and UX teams as you develop high quality test plans for new features. As a QAE, you will also get multiple opportunities to show your leadership skills and recommend improvements to the way systems are designed and tested across Amazon Appstore.
A successful candidate will have an interest in testing consumer-facing products, strong technical ability, excellent organizational skills, great communication skills, a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment, and, of course, a passion for mobile applications.
If so, join the Appstore team as we imagine, realize, and build out new software services and products that will shape the future of Appstore.
Specifically, you will:
- Define and create test strategy, write test plans and design test cases
- Help define and lead the Quality Assurance process
- Implement best practices; including a variety of different testing protocols, tools and metrics
- Work closely with the multiple development teams to assure test coverage
- Promote QA productivity through automation, tools, and other best practices
- Assist in building tools and frameworks for automated testing
- Work with remote teams to enable delivery of test artifacts
- Execute functional, regression tests, performance and stress testing