Finance is all about the numbers…unless you work at Amazon; it’s knowing the numbers and so much more. Enthusiasm helps us deliver new ideas, and solutions. Do you view problems as treasures, and are you willing to dive deep to develop those solutions and deliver results? Will you seek to challenge the status quo, and accept that your ideas and mechanisms may be tested daily? At Amazon, we move with purpose and speed, and this requires we work with a dynamic network of Operations, Compliance, HR, Tech and Retail partners. Our Senior Financial Analysts work with multiple sites, including regional partners. They help others understand results and are *the* trusted business advisor for all levels of leadership. They employ every facet of data and communication to ensure our leaders have the most up to date and reliable information to help them make the best possible decision. Come lead, teach us a few things, and we’ll teach you a few things as we navigate the most customer-centric company on Earth.
We are looking for someone to join the finance team partnering with our Compliance organization. In this role, the candidate will lead FP&A activities as well as partner with a quickly growing Compliance organization to provide financial and operational analytical support. Amazon is innovating in the sustainability and compliance space, so it is an impactful time to join this team. This is a perfect position for someone who is a self-starter, knows how to dive deep into data, and works fast and smart. Job Responsibilities:
- Expertise collecting, analyzing and managing quantitative data and creating meaningful analyses and models to lead business improvement and cost reductions within Compliance.
- Oversee the development of all weekly and monthly financial close, all planning, forecasting, and reporting models and their continuous innovation and communicating to your partners
- Root cause analysis and uncovering core issues using data, then assisting the teams to improve and create new measures for productivity and accountability
- Build models to drive cost savings, create efficiencies and measure productivity within the organization
- Ability to analyze ambiguous non-financial metrics and translate them into meaningful financial KPIs