Amazon.in, Amazon's marketplace in India, is building a team to take it to the next level by building capabilities that are relevant for customers in India . Our Development team plays a pivotal role in this program, with the mission to solve transportation problems for our retail customers for the India business. This is a rare opportunity to be part of a team that will be responsible for building a successful, sustainable and strategic business for Amazon, from the ground up!
The ideal candidate will be instrumental in shaping the product direction and will be actively involved in defining key product features that impact the business. You will work with Principal Engineers at Amazon to evolve the design and architecture of the products owned by this team. You will be responsible to set up and hold a high software quality bar besides providing technical direction to a highly technical team of Software Engineers.
As part of this team you will work across transportation platforms(First mile, middle mile and last mile)to ensure Amazon.in provides the most optimized delivery experience to our customers. You will get the opportunity to learn the overall transportation domain and make a difference in the trans platforms. You will get the opportunity to code on key pages on retail website building features and improving business metrics. You will be part of a team that obsesses about the performance of our customer’s experience and enjoy flexibility to pursue what makes sense. Come enjoy an exploratory and research oriented team of Cowboys working in a fast paced environment, who are always eager to take on big challenges.
- Work closely with senior engineers to design, implement and deploy applications that impact the Amazon.in business with an emphasis on transportation platforms.
- Own the delivery of an integral piece of a system or application.
- Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments
- Assist directly and indirectly in the continual hiring and development of technical talent.
- Create and execute appropriate quality plans, project plans, test strategies and processes for development activities in concert with business and project management efforts.
The ideal candidate will be a leader, quick learner and be able to work independently. He/she should be able to operate in a very fast paced environment where time to hit market is super critical. The candidate will need to balance technical leadership and savvy with strong business judgment to make the right decisions about technology choices.