The Westland Publishing team, a subsidiary of Amazon, is looking for a results-oriented Program Manager to oversee the creation of its physical and e-books in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will be well-organized and metrics-driven, with a strong bias for action and ability to independently drive end-to-end book creation. This role will have daily contact with content and metadata, and will handle uploading, troubleshooting, and processing metadata and book files through Amazon's internal systems. The Program Manager will identify, define, propose and deliver broad process improvements and tools for the production of Westland Publishing titles. This position works closely with editorial, marketing, publicity and operations as well as with external vendors to ensure our books reach market on schedule and at the highest quality levels. Additional responsibilities include:
- Overseeing and tracking day-to-day production workflows, ensuring processes are documented, efficient, streamlined, and that books are produced at the highest quality
- Establishing priorities, identifying and communicating risks and mitigation plans in collaboration with stakeholders; developing and maintaining program milestones and completion dates
- Scheduling, trafficking, supervising and reporting on all phases of book production from content receipt to onsite availability
- Facilitating and maintaining vendor relationships
- Ingesting and archiving files using internal systems
- In collaboration with various stakeholders, driving and championing new technologies, collaborations, and improved processes to define, leverage and implement best content production and delivery practices.
- Contributing to continuous improvements in cost reduction, production time and pipeline capacity
- Experience using operational metrics to implement process improvement and efficiencies with a focus on creating scalable systems
- The successful candidate must have the ability to direct multiple teams leading multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment while maintaining a strong author and customer focus.