Location : Delhi / Mumbai / Bangalore (All Metros)
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is one of Amazon’s fastest growing businesses, servicing customers in more than 190 countries, reshaping the way global enterprises consume information technology and powering the developers who are building the next generation of global industry leaders. AWS customers include some of the most innovative startups like Netflix, Pinterest, Spotify, Airbnb, and Instagram as well as some of the largest global enterprises like Shell International, Unilever, Hitachi, Sharp, Bristol-Myers Squibb, and Samsung. With Amazon Artificial Intelligence (Amazon AI), which leverages Amazon’s deep investments in AI over the last 20 years, AWS is focused on bringing that knowledge and capability to customers to help them solve complex business challenges through three layers of the cloud based AI stack – Frameworks and Infrastructure with tools like Apache MXNet and TensorFlow, API driven services to quickly add intelligence to applications, and Machine Learning platforms. As a result, we see more and more amazing AI work being done on AWS cloud across education, healthcare, media & entertainment, travel and almost every industry vertical.
Amazon internet Services Private Limited (AISPL), is the local seller of AWS Services in India and is looking for a Head of Business Development for Artificial Intelligence. You will be someone who is deeply excited about this space, passionate about helping customers understand the value proposition of Amazon AI services and how AI can make a big difference to their businesses. As the business development leader for AI within AISPL, your responsibilities will include owning and leading execution of the strategy for the segment, working with the solution architecture, channels and other AISPL teams to drive adoption and usage of the AWS AI offerings, defining key market segments to drive the necessary business and technical relationships with customers and partners to establish new businesses in those markets, and enabling the sales team to drive day-to-day interactions with prospects in order to build long-term business opportunity. You will also work closely with the AISPL service teams to help them evolve the services and address issues and requests from the field.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
Roles & Responsibilities
- Has business experience and customer-facing skills that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the CxO/VP level, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with IT professionals, software developers and architects
- Adept at thinking strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus
- A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must
- You must enjoy communicating with customers of all shapes and sizes. You will have a passion for helping customers, from hot start-ups to established enterprises
- A broad and strong leader – part builder, part operator and part general manager who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and compellingly and who understands how to drive a high level of focus
- Serve as a key member of the India Business Development team in helping to drive overall AISPL market and technical strategy as it relates to AI
- Define and size target market segments, identify key entities within those segments, and identify key industry partners including ISVs and system integrators
- Set a strategic business development plans for the AI business and for target markets and ensure it is in line with the AISPL strategic direction. Execute the strategic business development plans while working closely with internal stakeholders including account, marketing, & partner teams, solution architects, professional services and support teams, legal and contract teams, and the service teams
- Thought leadership – develop compelling audience-specific messages and tools (product videos, customer success stories, demos, whitepapers, presentations, how to guides etc.) and evangelize AWS services and technologies through forums such as AWS Blogs, whitepapers, reference architectures and public speaking events such as AWS Summit and User-Group events. Capture and share best practices and insights internally and with partners and customers
- Provide guidance to customers starting their AI journey on how to pick best-fit solutions, based on appropriate services within the AWS portfolio
- Develop and support an AWS internal community of AI-related subject matter experts
- Knowledge of the AI & ML technology landscape with an ability to understand and articulate the business and technical frameworks, architectures and solutions
- An ability to work with the broader AISPL team to develop industry use cases that showcase the compelling nature of the AWS AI services
- Identify specific prospects/partners to approach while communicating the specific value proposition for their business and use case
- Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our service offerings
- Develop long-term strategic partnerships in support of the business
- Some relevant technical knowledge is helpful in areas such as: database systems, core distributed computing concepts, fundamentals of cloud computing and virtualization, storage systems, etc.