Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with recent examples of being named #1 in customer service, #1 most trusted, and #2 most innovative. Amazon’s cloud product line, referred to as Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies.
AWS provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud (“cloud computing”). With AWS Cloud you can requisition compute power, storage, and many other services – gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as your business demands them. AWS is the leading platform for designing and developing applications for the cloud and is growing rapidly with hundreds of thousands of companies in over 190 countries on the platform.
Amazon Internet Services Private limited (‘AISPL’) is seeking an experienced Business Development Productivity & Enablement Manager in India to drive the development of field enablement for our technical and non-technical field teams. This person will be tasked to define, land and execute against our field enablement strategic priorities. This role will be responsible for ensuring high productivity of our field teams (technical & non-technical) from the initial onboarding of new reps through to continuous “ever-boarding” of reps across our portfolio of offerings and solutions. The Business Development Productivity & Enablement Manager will be responsible for ensuring the field teams and their support partner organization is well-equipped with the content, training, knowledge of available resources, and core curriculum necessary to effectively market current and new AWS service offerings in India. The successful candidate will combine a solid understanding of business development and support role dynamics with the ability to map field requirements and corporate resources into a comprehensive business development enablement plan. This individual will work very closely with the field leaders in India. The ideal candidate would have several years in Field Productivity & Enablement and/or Technical Enablement Management and have strong written and verbal communication skills.
This position will work with the several cross-functional key stakeholders supporting the extended organization, such as Business Development, Inside Sales, Marketing, Professional Services, Solution Architects and the Partner team to drive India enablement strategy and provide inputs on APAC and global enablement strategy. The individual must have the ability to communicate effectively across multiple technical and non-technical business units, as well as across other geographies and global teams to ensure compliance with global Amazon standards and policies. This is a hands-on position – the ideal candidate must be willing to “roll up the sleeves” and get things done.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Identify India key enablement needs in coordination with the India Leadership, Marketing, Services, Business Development, Solutions Architects, Professional Services, Partner team and Operations. Translate business needs into a business development productivity & field enablement plan for each field leader.
· Create, develop, manage, and lead the successful execution of the cross-functional business development enablement programs in conjunction with India Leadership, Product Management, Field Marketing, and HR.
· Plan and participate in driving measurement and roll-up of activities, including but not limited to: new hire training and on-boarding, ever-boarding, landing of new solutions, manager effectiveness and business development methodology.
· Assist in the development of the master plan and calendar for business development productivity and enablement activities throughout the year. Drive execution of the various onboarding and always-boarding initiatives and programs in your area.
· Develop and maintain an effective governance process focused on providing timely and targeted content for business development enablement and continuously improving the field knowledge transfer and learning needs.
· Review and manage the content library to determine opportunities to improve the learning experience, ensure the content is current and relevant and best technology is employed.
· Continually assess field readiness gaps, and work with the appropriate stakeholders to quickly develop the right initiatives and programs to close them.