The Amazon Kindle team is seeking an innovative, results-oriented Manager of Software Development in our Kindle Store Team. In this position you will provide both strategic and tactical oversight to build the features and functionality required to have a best in class offering for Kindle customers.
The Kindle Store team is offering a truly exceptional opportunity to be a part of a collaborative team working on Amazon.com's best selling product - Kindle. Our systems need to meet remarkably high standards of quality, performance and reliability, operating around the clock on a massive scale. You will work to design, plan, and implement the Kindle Content Store on all website, Kindle, and third party device platforms. If you are a talented, enthusiastic Software Development Manager who is passionate about delivering the best customer experience, then you should apply.
The Kindle Content Store has been part of the Kindle experience since day one and is looking for top notch development managers to work on new and ambitious initiatives, taking them from concept to launched product. The goal of Kindle Content Store is to connect customers with the content we sell. We launch in new countries and on new devices and we build features and services that will change the way customers discover and acquire Kindle content. It’s a fast-paced, ever evolving environment, and we love people who want to own our business as well as our technology.
As Manager of Software Development for the Kindle Store Team, you will be responsible for leading a team in design, development, test, and deployment of the Kindle Content Store experience on a variety of surfaces, including the retail website, Kindle Fire tablets, eInk devices, other Android devices, and Apple iPod, iPad, and iPhone. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing customer-facing experiences, a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, a proven ability to grow and develop a team, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
The ideal candidate is passionate about simple and elegant software solutions, customer-centric products, and agile development processes. A good sense of humor is required; interest in the books industry is a plus.
- Help define strategy and roadmap for Kindle Shopping Experience on both the web and Kindle devices
- Document and present strategies to senior management
- Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Management of departmental resources, hiring, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class product development team
- Work closely with the engineers and product managers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
To learn more about the Kindle team at Amazon, visit www.amazon.com/careers/kindle
and apply now.