Interested in changing the way India reads? Come work on Kindle, the world’s largest and most favored digital ecosystem for reading (devices, e-books).
As a Senior Product Manager, you will own product roadmap and feature prioritization to define user experience of buying and reading Kindle ebooks on Amazon.in marketplace. In this role, you will be responsible to grow local language reading on Kindle (devices and apps), as well as define the experience to get new book types into Kindle ecosystem. This role is inherently cross-functional -- you will work closely with engineering, business development, operations, finance, and executive teams to bring features and products to customers so they can read more on Kindle.
A successful candidate will be a seasoned product leader, highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products and applications that customers love. This highly visible role will have direct exposure to senior Kindle leadership.
Does such an opportunity to have a direct and visible impact on the Kindle story in India appeal to you? Primary Responsibilities
- Define high quality product roadmap based on business strategy and voice of customer. Manage a cross-functional process to translate the desired customer experience into a logically sequenced and optimized product roadmap and major product releases. Create buy-in for the product roadmap with internal and external stakeholders.
- Requirements Definition: Develop high quality BRD’s and effectively prioritize and manage the scope of each product launch to deliver key capabilities on time and on budget.
- Product Roll-out: Create and execute go-to-market plans for new products and features. Work closely with product engineering and program management to develop product(s) and go-to-market teams (marketing and business development) to drive adoption. Define and monitor key performance metrics to ensure product performance, and continually optimize operational efficiencies including cost reduction efforts.
- Be comfortable with hands-on day-to-day problem solving, implementing quick and effective action plans to meet short term priorities. Equally comfortable in generating a 3-year strategic vision and a weekly sales report.
- Prepare and present business reviews to senior management.