Amazon People Technology is growing and we want you to be part of our future! We’re looking for a bright and motivated Technical Program Manager who has experience in managing multiple programs in a global environment across multiple technology platforms. Do you enjoy working in an entrepreneurial environment, solving complex business/technical problems and delivering innovative new solutions used by hundreds of thousands of people? Do you have diverse technical skills and are passionate about using them to improve global business? If so, this is a terrific opportunity for someone who wants to impact – on a massive scale – the way employees manage their careers at Amazon. We at Amazon Hub are devoted to putting creative self-service tools in the hands of our employees. If you’re awesome at something relevant and want to be part of the team, do not feel limited by this exact job description.
The Senior TPM role requires excellent leadership skills, strong technical expertise, and hands-on project management skills. The right candidate will be adept at writing technical specifications, owning program schedules from design to release, partnering effectively with other teams within and outside of Amazon, and managing launches. This candidate will have the opportunity to impact Amazon employees worldwide by working with development teams across Amazon globally. The ideal candidate is equally comfortable digging into business requirements and product planning as well as drilling into technical architecture and design.
- Understand the processes to define, design, and deliver business software solutions based on a variety of HR and Payroll applications.
- Experience in systems design, development, and support.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to develop product requirements.
- Collaborate with technical and design teams to define and design the product with the best customer experience.
- Drive the implementation and delivery of products.
- Clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to cross-functional project teams.
- Support and enhance existing products with thoughtful and measurable impact.