Who We Are
Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with recent examples of being named #1 in Customer Service, #1 most trusted, and #2 most innovative. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. As a member of the AWS Customer Service Training team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology assisting the global AWS Customer Service organization to stay on top of the growing set of services and features and to exceed in their mission-critical role.
AWS Customer Service (CS) provides global support to a wide range of external Customers as they build mission-critical applications on top of AWS such as Amazon S3 and Amazon EC2. We help our Customers understand what Cloud Computing is all about, and whether it can be useful for their business needs. We help with account and billing related inquiries, and interface with AWS teams to provide the perspective of the Voice of the Customer. Job Description:
Amazon Web Services has an opening for a CS Site Trainer who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and has a strong training and development background. As a trainer, you will be responsible for training coordination and administration tasks related to training, the delivery and development of departmental training including but not limited to new hire, refresher, continuing education, advanced skill, and launch trainings for AWS Customer Service Organization. You will participate in and drive knowledge gap analyses and Customer Service quality improvement projects and activities. You will play a significant role in the training and development of a successful and effective global support team. Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate, plan, deliver and facilitate AWS Customer Service training such as new hire, continuing education, launch training for new services, and other CS specific training as needed. This includes classroom or virtual instructor led training, webinars, and blended instructor-led learning and online self-directed modules or materials.
- Identify knowledge gaps through observations, focus groups, quality checks, and data analyses and propose specific training topics based on findings.
- Create training content that contributes to associates’ development and performance improvement.
- Monitor, track and report on training completion metrics.
- Assist with development and validation of training materials, learner engagement strategies and evaluation plans.
- Conduct targeted coaching as a part of training sessions and communicate opportunities to the CS Leadership team to ensure continuous support to employees outside of the training.
- Establish and maintain subject matter expertise on AWS CS accounts and billing policies and processes. Model “Learn and Be Curious” by rapidly learning about new products/services and processes as needed.
- Continuously act as an advocate and evangelist of Amazon Voice and culture. Remain Customer obsessed, and provide the best possible training/learning experience to the AWS CS employees.
- Escalate employee issues to the Training and/or Customer Service Manager.
- Mentor and coach adjunct trainers and training assistants.
- Some traveling may be required.