Applied Scientist , Self-Service Performance Advertising(SSPA)
Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and we are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of self-service performance advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our products are strategically important to our Retail and Marketplace businesses driving long term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class products. We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
The Ad Quality and Billing team, based in Bangalore, is responsible for ensuring that ads are relevant and is of good quality, leading to higher conversion for the sellers and providing a great experience for the customers. It is also responsible for real-time transaction management related to billing and invoicing for advertising products in Amazon. We deal with one of the world’s largest product catalog, handle billions of requests a day with plans to grow it by order of magnitude and use automated systems to validate tens of millions of offers submitted by thousands of merchants in multiple countries and languages.
We are looking for a highly motivated, top notch scientist to revamp existing systems and build new ones from the ground up. A successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in at least some of the following areas: machine learning, model building and algorithm development, building and scaling very large data processing platforms using distributed computing technologies such as Map/Reduce, transactional systems and data persistence using RDBMS, web-crawling, algorithm development for efficient scheduling, sampling, queuing, classification, etc.
As an experienced member of the team, in this role, you will:
- Contribute to evolving the technical direction of Ad Quality Systems and play a critical role their design and development
- Build and support billing pipeline responsible for handling all revenue impacting events in Sponsored Ads in real-time.
- You will research, design and code, troubleshoot and support. What you create is also what you own.
- Develop the next generation of automation tools for monitoring and measuring Ad Quality, with associated user interfaces.
- Have the satisfaction of seeing your work impact hundreds of millions of Amazon customers and thousands of Amazon merchants in several countries.
- Be able to broaden your technical skills and work in an environment that thrives on creativity, efficient execution, and product innovation.
Ad Quality protects the customer experience and is a critical component of our business success. One of the earliest teams to be established in Amazon Bangalore, Ad Quality has both Operations and Development teams in Bangalore supporting multiple ad programs in markets around the world.