About Amazon.com “Many of the problems we face have no textbook solution, and so we-happily-invent new ones.” – Jeff Bezos
Amazon.com – a place where builders can build. We hire the world's brightest minds and offer them an environment in which they can invent and innovate to improve the experience for our customers. A Fortune 100 company based in Seattle, Washington, Amazon is the global leader in e-commerce. Amazon offers everything from books and electronics to apparel and diamond jewelry. We operate sites in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, Spain, United Kingdom and United States, and maintain dozens of fulfillment centers around the world which encompass more than 26 million square feet.
Technological innovation drives the growth of Amazon, offering our customers more selection, convenient shopping, and low prices. Amazon Web Services provides developers and small to large businesses access to the horizontally scalable state of the art cloud infrastructure like S3, EC2, AMI, CloudFront and SimpleDB, that powers Amazon.com. Developers can build any type of business on Amazon Web Services and scale their application with growing business needs.
We want you to help share and shape our mission to be Earth's most customer-centric company. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of invention that is part of our DNA. We do this every day by inventing elegant and simple solutions to complex technical and business problems. We're making history and the good news is that we've only just begun. About Amazon India
Amazon teams in India work on complex business challenges to innovate and create efficient solutions that enable various Amazon businesses, including Amazon websites across the world as well as support Payments, Transportation, and Digital products and services like the Kindle family of tablets, e-readers and the store. We are proud to have some of the finest talent and strong leaders with proven experience working to make Amazon the Earth’s most customer-centric company.
We made our foray into the Indian market with the launch of Junglee.com, enabling retailers in India to advertise their products to millions of Indian shoppers and drive targeted traffic to their stores. In June 2013, we launched www.amazon.in
for shoppers in India. With www.amazon.in, we endeavor to give customers more of what they want – low prices, vast selection, fast and reliable delivery, and a trusted and convenient online shopping experience. In 4 years of launching our India operations, we have expanded our offering to over 100 million products across hundreds of categories. We are transforming the way India buys and sells and our philosophy of working backwards from the customers is what drives our growth and success.
We will continue to strive to become a trusted and meaningful sales and logistics channel for retailers of all sizes across India and a fast, reliable and convenient online shopping destination for consumers. For us, it is always “Day 1” and we are committed to aggressively invest over the long-term and relentlessly focus on raising the bar for customer experience in India. Amazon India offers opportunities where you can dive right in, work with smart people on challenging problems and make an impact that contributes to the lives of millions. About the Role: Business Development Representative Intern (BDR) Amazon Internet Services Pvt. Ltd.
(AISPL) helps promote AMAZON Web Services,
which are leading the next paradigm shift in computing and offers a complete set of infrastructure and application services that enables customers to run virtually everything in the cloud: from enterprise applications and big data projects to social games and mobile apps.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Representative Intern
to join our fast growing team. You will be responsible for lead generation to help us further grow our business in India.
You will be required to be quite hands-on, ensure there are tele-prospecting end-user accounts, as well as ensuring that all in-bound and out-bound leads are being handled in a timely manner, both as they are generated and after they have been assigned to a field representative.
You will also track all leads within the CRM database tool, enter call notes, and assign them out to the appropriate resource. Roles & Responsibilities:
· Build and retain a world class team focused on delivering according to business objectives.
· Ensure all data is captured, tracked and qualified leads are entered into the CRM leads management system
· Deliver information on programs, promotions and products via phone, email, fax, etc.
· Provide feedback and suggestions for program improvement on a weekly basis
· Influence (or impact or promote) market share in a defined territory or industry vertical.
· Exceeds various business objectives
· Develop and execute against a comprehensive account/territory plan.
· Create & articulate compelling value propositions around AWS services.
· Influence (or impact or promote) customer adoption.
· Maintain a an accurate forecast and various business reports
· Work with partners to extend reach & influence (or impact or promote) adoption.
· Possess the technical ability to explain (not implement) Cloud Computing, infrastructure solutions (Server, Storage, DC Services) & Internet architectures (firewalls, load balancers, etc).
Develop case studies.
· Develop long-term strategic relationships with key accounts.
· Ensure customer satisfaction.
· Expect moderate travel.Stipend and Benefits
· The Internship Stipend will be INR 1,00,000 per month.
· Stipend is payable in accordance with the Company’s standard payroll practice and subject to
applicable withholding taxes.
· Flight tickets in economy class (on ward and return for internship).
· The candidates are also eligible for 15 days accommodation and 15 days cab on reimbursement
· Monthly food coupons.
· Free HOH (Home –Office-Home) for duration of internship.