About Amazon.com “Many of the problems we face have no textbook solution, and so we-happily-invent new ones.” – Jeff Bezos
Amazon.com – a place where builders can build. We hire the world's brightest minds and offer them an environment in which they can invent and innovate to improve the experience for our customers. A Fortune 100 company based in Seattle, Washington, Amazon is the global leader in e-commerce. Amazon offers everything from books and electronics to apparel and diamond jewelry. We operate sites in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, Spain, United Kingdom and United States, and maintain dozens of fulfillment centers around the world which encompass more than 26 million square feet.
Technological innovation drives the growth of Amazon, offering our customers more selection, convenient shopping, and low prices. Amazon Web Services provides developers and small to large businesses access to the horizontally scalable state of the art cloud infrastructure like S3, EC2, AMI, CloudFront and SimpleDB, that powers Amazon.com. Developers can build any type of business on Amazon Web Services and scale their application with growing business needs.
We want you to help share and shape our mission to be Earth's most customer-centric company. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of invention that is part of our DNA. We do this every day by inventing elegant and simple solutions to complex technical and business problems. We're making history and the good news is that we've only just begun. About Amazon India
Amazon teams in India work on complex business challenges to innovate and create efficient solutions that enable various Amazon businesses, including Amazon websites across the world as well as support Payments, Transportation, and Digital products and services like the Kindle family of tablets, e-readers and the store. We are proud to have some of the finest talent and strong leaders with proven experience working to make Amazon the Earth’s most customer-centric company.
We made our foray into the Indian market with the launch of Junglee.com, enabling retailers in India to advertise their products to millions of Indian shoppers and drive targeted traffic to their stores. In June 2013, we launched www.amazon.in
for shoppers in India. With www.amazon.in, we endeavor to give customers more of what they want – low prices, vast selection, fast and reliable delivery, and a trusted and convenient online shopping experience. In 4 years of launching our India operations, we have expanded our offering to over 100 million products across hundreds of categories. We are transforming the way India buys and sells and our philosophy of working backwards from the customers is what drives our growth and success.
We will continue to strive to become a trusted and meaningful sales and logistics channel for retailers of all sizes across India and a fast, reliable and convenient online shopping destination for consumers. For us, it is always “Day 1” and we are committed to aggressively invest over the long-term and relentlessly focus on raising the bar for customer experience in India.
Amazon India offers opportunities where you can dive right in, work with smart people on challenging problems and make an impact that contributes to the lives of millions. About the Role: Program Management Intern
We are looking for high-potential, flexible, innovative, and forward-thinking professionals to join our India Operations and Retail teams. Are you ready to drive high-visibility, strategic, revenue-generating projects as well as leverage Lean methodologies to lead process improvement initiatives? Are you equally comfortable digging into business requirements as you are drilling into architecture and design with development teams? Join the Operations and Retail teams as a Program Manager. We are looking for interns with a strong record of owning and executing strategic, cross-functional projects as well as partnering with other teams to drive key process improvement programs. This role requires working with business teams across the company to define requirements and high level process/system solutions, leading cross-functional teams and managing the timelines for field operations and retail teams to support project launches. This position involves regular communication with senior management on status, risks and change control. Cross-team coordination, project management and executive presentation skills are essential, as are a willingness to “roll up your sleeves” and get into the details that will make Operations world-class. Demonstrated Abilities:
• An innovative project manager with superior analytical abilities and preferred experience in Lean Manufacturing methodologies
• Has knowledge and experience in direct-to-customer fulfillment operations as well as excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills
• Finds practical and simple solutions to complex problems without sacrificing quality or core functionality
• Experience defining projects, collecting requirements, designing process solutions, writing detailed functional specifications, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule, and deploy new software; as well as analyzing cost/benefit of feature selection and communicating results throughout the organization
• Ability to utilize exceptional problem-solving, and communication skills to influence business and technical audiences
• Provide day-to-day support during the rollout/implementation of newer systems/processes and gather feedback
• Map business requirements, understand business process, study and analyze workflows, design solutions and prepare functional specifications Stipend and Benefits
• The Internship Stipend will be INR 1,00,000 per month.
• Stipend is payable in accordance with the Company’s standard payroll practice and subject to applicable withholding taxes.
• Flight tickets in economy class (on ward and return for internship).
• The candidates are also eligible for 15 days accommodation and 15 days cab on reimbursement basis.
• Monthly food coupons.
• Free HOH (Home –Office-Home) for duration of internship.