Would you like to experience what it would have felt like to join Amazon in 1995? Do you want to join a team with experience launching Amazon marketplaces in new countries? Are you innovative, resourceful, flexible and self-directed? You gain the respect of software engineers and software test engineers quickly and you’re able to excite customers, internal stakeholders and your team about a vision, a product and a roadmap? You also like to roll up your sleeves and get hands on when necessary.
The Amazon India DEX team located in India is looking for a technology leader to define, organize and lead high-performing teams in delivering projects for our new marketplace, Amazon India. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a team that will be responsible for building a successful, sustainable and strategic business for Amazon.in, from the ground up. A Software Development Manager position in Amazon is a role reserved for the few outstanding technical leaders with exceptional accomplishments in leading high performing engineering teams. If you feel excited by the challenge of setting the course for large company wide initiatives, building and launching customer facing products in international locales and being hands-on involved in the delivery of these initiatives, this may be the next big career move for you.
As a Software Development Manager on the team:
- Lead highly talented technology teams responsible for building and owning complex services from India.
- Solve complex architecture and business problems. Works to simplify, optimize, remove bottlenecks, etc.
- Translation of complex functional and technical requirements into detailed project plans and schedules; manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team by defining, implementing and maintaining a coherent, progressive development strategy for our product line.
- Evolution of the software engineering practice within the organization, including better reporting, tools, and evolution of development methodology
- Delivery of highly available and highly reliable software.
- Create and execute appropriate quality plans, project plans, test strategies and processes for development activities in concert with business and project management efforts.
- Inculcate a culture of innovation and operational efficiency in the team.
- Influence, collaborate and communicate effectively with various leaders in Amazon.
- Hiring, growing and retaining a strong team keeping with the Amazon high bar.
- Prioritizes well, communicates clearly and compellingly, understands how to drive a high level of focus and excellence with a strong team