Kindle is Amazon's reading and learning ecosystem, which provides readers and learners a best-in-class content experience. Amazon is looking for an experienced business development professional to lead Kindle content acquisition for KDP in India. Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) is a fast, easy and free way for authors and publishers to keep control and publish their books worldwide on the Kindle and Kindle reading apps.
- A leader – you are passionate about building new programs and owning key decisions to scale their success.
- Customer focused – you are a strong voice on the leadership team and in daily decisions for making the right tradeoffs on behalf of the customer. You actively engage with and build long-term relationships with customers – in this case authors and educators - to better understand their needs and aspirations.
- Results oriented – you rally the team to meet their commitments to each other and to customers.
- Fearless – Building out a new, evolving program with global ambitions fuels you. You are drawn to take on the hardest problems, navigate ambiguity and are willing to fail in the name of learning what works best.
- An operator – who values the reflection and ongoing effort required to continuously improve the way a new program functions. You have earned the respect of your peers, managers and partners for your ability to grasp difficult challenges and invent practical, sustainable solutions.
- Generating widespread use of KDP as a way for publishers to keep control and publish their books worldwide on the Kindle platforms.
- Segmenting new learning content opportunities – by customer use, discipline, and content type –and developing scalable outreach plans to reach those segments; a self-service author pipeline is the primary goal.
- Developing new and existing author relationships to acquire new selection and to inform product improvements.
- Working with technical and non-technical business owners to inform product requirements, ensure implementation of agreements, and develop new programs.
- Partnering with internal stakeholders across Amazon to maximize the value of content for customers.
- Conducting analysis and contributing to internal and external reports that drive new content selection and support the development and implementation of programs.