The India Consumer Business (ICB) Technology team builds products and services that solve unique customer needs in Amazon’s fastest growing marketplace. We are a multi-billion dollar business with a huge potential to grow in a trillion dollar market.
Our engineers own the complete consumer and seller experience for Amazon India, work on a wide range of technologies (including AWS and EC2) and build and operate highly scalable, low latency mobile first products and services. We are solving last mile engineering challenges around Mobile, Product Discovery, Delivery, Payments, Logistics, Customer experience, Seller experience and more.
We are looking for candidates with 4+ years experience in building scalable systems and comfortable in any language and having good object oriented skills.
If you are looking for an opportunity to build creative technology solutions that positively impact hundreds of millions of international customers, and relish large ownership and diverse technologies, join our team today! You will be instrumental in shaping the product direction and will be actively involved in defining key product features that impact the business. You will work with Senior Engineers at Amazon to evolve the design and architecture of the products owned by this team. You will be responsible to set up and hold a high software quality bar besides providing technical direction to a highly technical team of Software Engineers.
- Work closely with senior engineers to design, implement and deploy applications that impact the Amazon.in business with an emphasis on Mobile, Payments, and e-Commerce website development.
- Own the delivery of an integral piece of a system or application.
- Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments
- Assist directly and indirectly in the continual hiring and development of technical talent.
- Create and execute appropriate quality plans, project plans, test strategies and processes for development activities in concert with business and project management efforts
The ideal candidate will be a leader, quick learner and be able to work independently. He/she should be able to operate in a very fast paced environment where time to hit market is super critical. The candidate will need to balance technical leadership and savvy with strong business judgment to make the right decisions about technology choices.