HR Services-India is looking for an experienced and passionate Internal Communications Specialist
to join our team. HR Services is Amazon’s people operations team, supporting employees from their first day to their last day and most employment transactions in between. Just as Amazon works to be the most customer-centric company on Earth, HR Services works to provide the best employee experience to our employees around the world. Help us effectively engage our partners, including Amazon’s HR community, managers, and employees, through effective communication strategies and compelling campaigns.
This role builds strong relationships with the Employee Resource Center (ERC), Leave of Absence (LOA), and other HR Services teams and provides expert communications guidance to support strategic initiatives. You will coordinate with these internal teams and stakeholders to create, review, edit, and publish communications that are effective and relatable to the intended audience. Description
The communications specialist will deeply understand HR Services’ key audience: fellow Amazonians.
You will develop communication strategies and written messages that are compelling to diverse groups of Amazon employees, including HR partners, recruiters, managers, and associates. You will differentiate messages, channels to get the right information to the right people at the right time and in the right way.
This role will be based in India and report to the Change Leader for India and will be aligned to the Change, Communications & Branding team based in the U.S. and Costa Rica. You will regularly collaborate with international partners to develop consistent branding and ensure a similar look, feel, and voice in every global communication our team produces. A successful candidate will be organized and self-driven, able to prioritize in a fast-paced environment, and have exemplary written and verbal communication skills. Responsibilities
• Work closely with HR service owners to craft targeted messages that will engage customers across a variety of communication channels.
• Develop effective communication strategies for large-scale process and policy changes and execute effectively to ensure there is broad awareness for the change and why it’s happening.
• Maintain and monitor the editorial calendar for India to ensure visibility into all messages reaching our customers and pace communications effectively.
• Use Amazon’s brand traits and voice guidelines to write communications that are approachable, smart, and pioneering.
• Use judgment to determine if communications are actually warranted, and influence when messages may be misguided or unclear.
• Write, edit, and manage newsletters and other regularly scheduled communications
• Use data and customer feedback to continuously improve communications messages and cadence.
• Build relationships with key partner organizations including HR, PR, and the business, and leverage this network to understand the internal communication landscape at Amazon. Basic Qualifications
• 6+ years of experience in internal communications, journalism, marketing, or a related field.
• MBA or Master’s degree in HR, communication, or a related field from an accredited university.
• Excellent writing skills with the ability to understand and connect with the intended audience.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office.
• Ability to multitask and prioritize multiple requests in a fast-paced environment while meeting deadlines.
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and creatively solve problems on behalf of Amazon’s employees. Preferred Qualifications
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with clients and customers.
• Experience with writing for international audiences.
• Experience with video production and/or graphic design.
• Experience in HR Operations, Recruitment, Staffing, Payroll, etc.