Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience, Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers, developers, publishers and sellers around the world. Amazon’s vision is to offer the earth’s largest selection and lowest prices to our customers.
The ideal candidate will draw upon exemplary analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills, deep software development experience, and a passion for creating maintainable, highly reliable and scalable systems. Successful members of this team collaborate effectively with various technology teams across Amazon helping them measure their solutions to the highest compliance standards. You will work with an elite team of engineers, skilled at identifying and building solutions to fix the compliance gaps cutting across technology teams at Amazon. The role may require travel within/outside the country and working away from the parent team for an extended period of time.
The ideal candidate will draw upon exemplary analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills, good software development experience, and a passion for working with business owners and end users to build highly reliable and scalable applications that are accessed by thousands of external vendors and internal customers. As a TPM you are expected to collaborate effectively with internal customers and other dependent development teams across Amazon to successfully drive the development of new applications against high operational standards of system availability and reliability.
· Develop an in-depth understanding of Amazon’s products, business models, finance systems architecture and operations
· Drive complex projects simultaneously from initiation through delivery
· Collaborate with a cross section of teams across Amazon to clarify, document and validate business and technical requirements
· Escalate and resolve project issues by effectively working with Program Managers, Business Owners and Development Teams
· Report and communicate progress and status of projects
· Lead review and approval of business, technical and functional requirements, user acceptance test plans, and training plans by facilitating discussions, articulating impact of changes and managing expectations
· Ensure readiness for production launches through coordination of UAT and implementation of process change and user training needed
· Assist stakeholders and partner teams to develop clear and complete Project Initiation Requests for prioritization
· Identify opportunities for business process and system improvements and collaborate with stakeholders on design of new solutions that will enhance business performance and achieve specified goals
Your responsibilities will range from driving business and system requirements to writing specifications to driving the overall project across all of data engineering, business development, user experience & design, QA, and more.
As a TPM, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role. And have fun doing all of the above.