Senior Technical Program Manager, Self-Service Performance Advertising (SSPA) Platform
Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and we are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of self-service performance advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our products are strategically important to our Retail and Marketplace businesses driving long term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class products. We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
The Ad Quality and Billing team, based in Bangalore, is responsible for ensuring that ads are relevant and is of good quality, leading to higher conversion for the sellers and providing a great experience for the customers. It is also responsible for real-time transaction management related to billing and invoicing for Sponsored Ads. We deal with one of the world’s largest product catalog, handle billions of requests a day with plans to grow it by order of magnitude and use automated systems to validate tens of millions of offers submitted by thousands of merchants in multiple countries and languages. We are looking for a highly motivated, top notch engineer to revamp existing systems and build new ones from the ground up. A successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in at least some of the following areas: machine learning, model building and algorithm development, building and scaling very large data processing platforms using distributed computing technologies such as Map/Reduce, transactional systems and data persistence using RDBMS, web-crawling, algorithm development for efficient scheduling, sampling, queuing, classification, etc.
As an experienced member of the team, in this role, you will:
You must be able to:
- Interact with Project Sponsors, Project Stakeholders and multiple business and technical teams to define and deliver complex features
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints
- Plan and manage multiple parallel projects
- Identify, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels
- Create, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders
- Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.
- Be the glue that is able to understand, plan, and manage the cross-team inter-dependencies for complex systems
- Communicate project issues and status in a concise, accurate, and professional manner
- Apply best practices to the software development lifecycle for projects based on experiences with a number of agile and blended approaches, as well effectively coordinating the implementations across teams using very different approaches
- Build and maintain integrated project schedules that account for internal/external dependencies, differing SDLC approaches, numerous constraints, and adequately factors in some contingency for some unplanned delays while still be aggressive
- Remain flexible to changing priorities, open to new ideas and have Amazon's success firmly in your focus
Ad Quality protects the customer experience and is a critical component of our business success. One of the earliest teams to be established in Amazon Bangalore, Ad Quality has both Operations and Development teams in Bangalore supporting multiple ad programs in markets around the world.