Principal Technical Program Manager (TPM):
Are you an experienced and accomplished program / project manager excited by the challenge of defining the vision and leading teams in expanding Amazon's India business?
The Amazon India Retail team located in Bangalore is looking for a technology leader to define, organize and lead high-performing teams across Amazon in delivering projects for our new marketplace, Amazon India. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a team that will be responsible for building a successful, sustainable and strategic business for Amazon.in, from the ground up. A Principal Technical Program Manager position in Amazon is a role reserved for the few outstanding technical leaders with exceptional accomplishments in program and project management. If you feel excited by the challenge of setting the course for large company wide initiatives, building and launching customer facing products in international locales and being hands-on involved in the delivery of these initiatives, this may be the next big career move for you.
The ideal candidate will have hands-on project and program management skills, leading large cross-functional projects from definition to launch.
As a Principal Technical Program Manager on the team:
- You will have end to end ownership of cross-functional projects, including product definition, roadmap planning, resource planning and project execution.
- You will work closely with business and operations leadership, including executive leadership at Amazon, to define the product and provide updates on the program.
- At the heart of this role is delivery. You will be hands-on in driving the delivery of critical business initiatives, managing all aspects of the project such as project planning, requirements definition, risk management, communication, and implementation planning.
- You will be a technical problem solver on the team, identifying innovative solutions to project deadlocks and resolving issues and constraints through consensus and sound judgment.
- You will be responsible for making project decisions, achieving tactical goals while retaining a strategic focus.
- You will work closely with the development teams and play a leadership role in product architecture and design