Online advertising is set to become a $100 billion market. The Advertising Technologies group in Amazon is building the infrastructure to meet the needs of advertisers and publishers in this rapidly changing industry. Our Advertising Technology team builds the technology infrastructure and ad serving systems to manage billions of advertising queries every day. The result is better quality advertising for publishers and more relevant ads for customers. Our infrastructure supports millions of Internet users and handles billions of queries per day, all delivered in milliseconds. In addition, the accompanying data platforms process massive data sets to develop business intelligence and analytics that are critical for the efficiency and profitability of our advertising business.
The Ad Optimization team in Bangalore is part of Advertising Technology group and is responsible for ensuring high traffic quality for multiple ad-programs within Amazon. We build systems that process vast amounts of data of the order of terabytes per day, using advanced algorithms in data mining, machine learning, and statistical analysis. Our distributed systems are built on cutting edge scalable technologies such as Hadoop and Amazon's EC2 and S3 cloud services.
In this role, you will:
- Build and manage scalable, high-availability Big Data architecture including Hadoop, Hive, Zookeeper, and Spark
- Recommend and perform necessary upgrades and architectural improvements to ensure all clusters run smoothly and securely
- Help identify, research, and address network, OS, software, and hardware performance issues
- Help to resolve production issues and determine the root cause of problems
- Help to configure and manage distributed systems deployed across multiple continents in order to ensure high availability
- Design and configure application monitoring and alerting
At Amazon, you’ll experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment, which creates powerful, customer-focused search and advertising solutions and technologies. We provide a highly customer-centric, team-oriented environment in our offices located in Bangalore, India.