Amazon People Technology is the central hub for all Amazon.com people data. Our technology provides the foundation and orchestration for a multitude of key human resource processes, from on-boarding of tens of thousands of temporary employees during peak holiday season to integrating critical employee data to internal and external systems. We implement and build highly secure, global software that allows Amazon.com to effectively manage the workforce, resulting in a better employee experience and a better bottom line.
We use PeopleSoft for maintaining HR data. We use only the core PeopleSoft HR module and extend and develop custom functionality using both AWS tools as well as the PeopleSoft platform. We live and breathe integration, securely exchanging data with hundreds of internal and external partners. We strive to automate everything – we are disgusted when our customers must do manual work where a process should be automated. And we think differently – we don’t want to “stay vanilla”, we extend, customize, and build new applications to meet the needs of one of the most complex companies on Earth.
We're looking for an HRS Functional Analyst who will act as first level support for all incoming production software application issues, including various home grown software systems, HR Systems related applications using PeopleSoft and other issues related to the human resource processes.
Your solutions will impact our customers directly! This job requires you to hit the ground running and your ability to learn quickly and work with disparate and overlapping tasks will define your success. High impact production issues often require coordination between multiple Development, Operations and IT Support groups, so you get to experience a breadth of impact with various groups.
- Primary responsibilities include troubleshooting, diagnosing and sharing the functional expertise with the operational support team in fixing the production software issues, developing monitoring solutions, performing software maintenance and configuration.
- In this role, operational excellence is your priority. You track down the true root cause of issues and take action to correct the errors. You have a continual eye for improvement.
- You participate in the team's on-call rotation where expediency, attention to detail and high-touch customer service are a must. You are prompt, professional, articulate, and persistent in your interactions with customers.
- You listen to the users what they have to say and represent their needs to the organization. You keep your product backlog prioritized and updated, knowing exactly where you would apply an additional resource.
- You participate in the hands on design and development of technology solutions. You bring data to the table that can help improve or reinvent the business process. You approach your product with fresh eyes. You are critical, inquisitive, and curious.
- You anticipate bottlenecks, manage competing priorities, evaluate and make tradeoff decisions, balance the business needs versus technical constraints and encourage risk taking behavior to maximize business benefit.
- You focus heavily on cross-functional communication to ensure key decisions, risks, issues, and status surrounding your solutions is clear to all.
- Push the limits of third-party software through innovative design and delivery