The IN Accounting Engineering team is responsible for building relevant systems & workflows that automates & simplifies the booking of Financial / Accounting events from all Amazon India business launches. Typically the scope of Financial / Account event starts post the collection of money from transactions on / for Amazon. All systems that handles the collected money and account them at Amazon Internally will be part of the team’s scope (in the long term). The goal of the team would be to minimize the quantum of time needed for handling Financial / Accounting events from each Amazon India business launches, to the least extent possible.
The team is looking for a passionate, result-oriented and operationally focused Program Manager (Finance) to support the fast evolving Financial Accounting eco-system for Amazon India. You will have enormous opportunity to work with multiple, complex systems, analyzing and identifying common patterns and driving the teams towards resolution to have a positive customer experience.
Some of the Key Job Functions
• Work with business senior managers and PM in review BRD before finalizing – Financial Bar raiser. Driving accounting discussion, be face of Business/Tech.
• Review the ARD once submitted by APO – chalk out the next steps for tech teams and plans for execution. Work with TPM & Flash managers for placement of the project in the tech roadmap. Hand over the project to TPM.
• While the Tech teams are working on the project execution (coding), work with TPM/FLASH in helping them understand the business and accounting usecases so that SD’s clearly understands their deliverables
• Work with TPM on onboarding the changes on Flash systems – V2 (this is the future state expected to reduce the efforts mentioned in point above)
• Drive Tech debt Project: Deep dive / identify / document the existing business usecases and map them with the accounting usecases. Identify the scope / opportunity to standardize such usecases. (move existing processes to V2 model)
• India Program Management: Delivering aggressive project deliverables while being a controllership gate keeper for Business tech.
• Prioritization: Work with India Finance leadership to ensure the right accounting impacted project prioritization & adherence for proper India launch.