nterested in working in a high impact role and an environment that allows you to work independently and try new ideas and solutions? Come work at Amazon to solve some of most challenging retail problems in the world, have fun and make history.
Amazon Fulfillment Technologies team is looking for smart and talented Oracle database administrator with 5+ years of experience for its Seattle office.
The DBA will perform administration and engineering for multiple production databases, and will be responsible for fast-paced, complex distributed database environments supporting OLTP systems across multiple platforms. A strong candidate will be able to rapidly troubleshoot complex technical problems under pressure, implement solutions that are massively scalable, while managing multiple customer groups. Deep knowledge of Oracle Database concepts and excellent interpersonal communication skills are required. The candidate must be always forward-looking and aware of the latest DB technology offerings (including both relational and NoSQL).
In this role, your key responsibilities include:
· Review, design and develop data models in conjunction with the application development teams.
· Design, develop, and implement Oracle database instances for the development and production environments.
· Test, validate and implement performance and resource optimization improvements in consultation with development Teams.
· Monitor and maintain database security and database software.
· Database & Application (SQL & PL/SQL) performance tuning.
· Backup and recovery (RMAN and traditional).
· Root cause analysis of production-related database issues.
· Ability and desire to learn new technologies quickly.
· On-call for production databases - daily maintenance, monitoring, problem resolution and internal customer/dev support.