Amazon.com, Earth’s Most Customer-Centric Company, seeks a Tax Specialist to support the India Tax Team within Finance Operations. This position will primarily support and oversee a variety of business teams on direct tax matters and the ideal candidate will have experience evaluating issues related to e-commerce business. Candidate will manage a team of India tax specialists and also work closely with other members of the global tax department to communicate current and future business plans, obtain cross functional tax subject matter input, and ensure coordination of cross functional tax solutions.
- Foster strong cross-functional relationships with internal business partners by serving as the FinOps Tax liaison for general inquiries, escalations, communication of project/process initiatives and plans of action
- Work on tax identity collection, withholding, reporting and other transactional tax obligations
- Reconcile expense ledger with tax payable, TDS returns preparation and filings to taxing authorities
- Prepare materials needed for tax provisions at year end and tax audit
- Payment to nonresidents and it’s tax implications
- Effectively communicate with both internal and external teams and customers
- Leverage end-to-end process knowledge, including systems and portals
- Serve as the FinOps Tax lead on India Tax multi-year project, including collaboration with the core project team, coordination of tax requirements, process generation, etc.
- Authoring reactive/pro-active blurbs, FAQs, and help documentation
- Define key metrics and create metrics reports and set up reporting process
- Provide additional support as needed such as training India Ops team and develop expertise in the team
- Document management of tax filings and work papers, assist with vendor inquiries, and ad-hoc projects
- Partner with co-workers to increase productivity by eliminating duplication and coordinating information requirements. Drive process improvement initiatives to reduce manual efforts
- Effectively resolve and escalate issues, demonstrate a consistent timely track record of delivery.