Kindle is one of the most popular items ever on Amazon, and continues to be one of the fastest growing and most innovative businesses at Amazon. Our digital offerings, including the subscription program Kindle Unlimited that is revolutionizing reading around the globe, are key contributors to providing our customers a unique, holistic experience at Amazon.
We are looking for a smart, data-oriented, highly motivated Sr. Product Marketing Manager with excellent track record of delivering results in a fast-paced environment. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to think strategically about reading and book buying, and then put those strategies into motion. You will be responsible for the overall business results for the Kindle eBooks category, and will contribute to framing the overall demand generation strategy for Kindle eBooks. You will shape, invest and bring to market new marketing campaigns and concepts for our customers, working cross-functionally to drive ideas from conception to execution. You will own key metrics for Kindle eBooks, including customer lifecycle metrics, and will be responsible for measurement and reporting of such metrics, conduct periodic business reviews with Kindle leaders, and facilitate data-driven decision making for key investments on product and marketing. You will also work cross-functionally with various teams including retail, marketing, merchandising, product management, business development and customer insights. A successful candidate in this role should be entrepreneurial, a passionate advocate of the customer, possess strong marketing acumen to translate insights about customer behavior into marketing strategies, be comfortable dealing with ambiguity, and have experience in influencing stakeholders across the board, often without direct authority. Responsibilities:
- Understand and assess core marketing and product opportunities, in order to proactively determine how to develop the Kindle eBooks brand and drive demand
- Plan and coordinate execution for marketing programs and initiatives, including onsite, online and offline marketing programs
- Own the demand generation programs, leveraging consumer insights that inform marketing plans
- Conceptualize, plan, execute, report and drive improvements for promotional activities
- Develop a strong understanding of customer lifecycle and customer behavior, and undertake initiatives to accelerate customer acquisition and engagement
- Collaborate with product team on defining customer-facing features that can improve overall product experience, and help drive prioritization of investments based on business impact