Business Title: Operations Manager
Retail Business Services Level: 5
Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.
About Retail Business Services (RBS)
The Retail Business Systems (RBS) group is an integral part of Amazon online product lifecycle and buying operations. The team is designed to ensure Amazon remains competitive in the online retail space with the best catalog quality, wide selection, supply chain defects and compliance programs. The team’s primary role is to create and enhance retail selection on the worldwide Amazon online catalog. The tasks handled by this group have a direct impact on customer buying decisions and online user experience.
About the Role
Operations Manager – Retail Business Services
RBS Operations Manager handling critical product defects and other inventory programs would be responsible for resolution for EU3 (DE, FR and UK) marketplaces in shortest possible time to ensure prompt availability of product on the catalog. This tasks handled by operations have a direct impact on customer experience with Amazon. Ideal incumbent in this role would always be on a lookout for opportunity to add value to Amazon retail business through improvising existing programs or build new programs. You will work with the Retail and Andon program management team to improve existing systems or processes or devise new ways and reduce defects to serve Amazon’s customers better. You will be required to analyze data, interact with cross functional teams, recommend and pilot improvements that will help us serve our customers better, inline with our goal to be the Earth’s Most Customer Centric Company. As an operations manager, you would be responsible for managing a team of around 60-70 associates and would have 3-4 catalog managers reporting into you.
The key activities include:
· Deep dive and innovate process of resolving critical product defects to reduce repeatability.
· Devise mechanism and intelligence to retail category leaders on performance of their products and customer complaints/feedback derived from these defects.
· Link all the programs to business metrics and built solutions keeping that in mind.
· Work with retail team to ensure a reliable and operationally effective flow of products and information.
· Work with retail and program teams to increase improve processes and reduce order defects.
· Troubleshoot and drive resolutions with Vendors to ensure reliable and operationally effective flow of products; improve processes and reduce discrepancies; ensure vendor compliance and scalable communication processes
· Work with various internal teams (e.g. supply chain, fulfillment center, system teams) to help drive tools and process improvements that affect vendor management workflows
· Participate in manufacturer and vendor reviews; drive vendor scorecard excellence
· Drive operational efficiency through analysis
· Drive the metrics and reporting efficiency of the team where required
· Identify and develop top talent in the organization.
Key Performance Areas:
· Attract talent and makes right hiring decisions, On-boarding and continuous development of team and maintain a high delivery bar.
· Deliver business goals for processes handled.
· Operational goals for respective business functions measured under Cycle Time/ Productivity/ Quality/ Cost metrics.
· Mentor and guide Quality lead / Process Expert to manage quality, improve process efficiency and minimize variation, conceptualize, design and deliver trainings to the team.
· Co-owner in the process of budget planning.
Qualification & Experience:
· Masters in Business administration
· Possess strong communication and leadership skills
· Able to work in an ambiguous, dynamic & ‘internet-speed’ environment with tight deadlines
· Have an absolute passion for ensuring a great customer experience
· Possess exceptional skills in data manipulation and analysis
· Outstanding attention to detail; Exceptional problem solving & analytical skills
· Be a self-starter
· Attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
· Experience in business process improvement, Lean/Six Sigma a strong plus.Qualification & Experience:
· Fulltime MBA, with over 5 + years of experience of which a minimum 3 + years in managing people and interacting with customers / stake holders
· Relevant experience in Operations with exposure to Sales, post sales and Business Development in managing B2B Business accounts will be an added advantage.
· (If required only) 24/7/365 availability, including willingness to work on weekends, and outside of the "standard" work day
· Mentor and guide Quality lead / Process Expert to manage quality, improve process efficiency and minimize variation, conceptualize, design and deliver trainings to the team
· Manage the team and ensure high service delivery and execution
· Vendor management.
· Process improvement and Kaizen.
· Proven analytical skills and demonstrated ability to manage the business “by the numbers”.
· Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to express thoughts logically and succinctly. Demonstrated active listening skills, highly consultative and solutions-oriented.
- Operate in a fast-moving and sometimes ambiguous environment with full control and responsibility of achieving business objectives.
· Develop original ideas, approaches, and solutions to typical, unusual or difficult situations or problems.
· Ability to work in teams and ultimately focus on delivering results with high standards.
· Attention to detail and capability to work on multiple projects in parallel.