The Last Mile Technology group builds and supports the technology tools Amazon businesses use to deliver packages into the hands of our customers. This includes systems such as Amazon Flex, Rabbit, COMP, and other systems supporting how addresses, geolocation, routing, and delivery work. Our technology is used by multiple businesses and product lines within Amazon, including Amazon Logistics, Prime Now, Amazon Fresh, Amazon Flex, Lockers, I Have Space, Restaurants, Kindle, Retail, and others.Role Description:
Quality Assurance Engineers at Amazon test cutting edge applications and products at the user level and code level, both manually and with automated tools. Our QAEs are not pure black box testers, they are able to understand software internals, debug problems using log files, and write automated tests with Scripting tools and/or user-level automated tools. QAEs at Amazon are excellent individual contributors capable of taking up tasks from start to completion with minimal help. QAEs would be responsible for understanding the domain and the product in detail and coming up with the test strategy/planning, coming up with the test cases, driving the test case sign-off processes with the stakeholders, contributing to code level unit tests, test execution and reporting.Key Responsibilities
- Own QA process and test quality of the products we develop. Design and build automated test frameworks and test suites. Utilize innovative testing technologies to develop product's testing strategy.
- Participation in design and code inspections.
- Perform manual testing, the scope of which will encompass all functionalities of services as a prequel to automation.
- API level testing.
- Analyse test logs; create test reports, co-ordinate with stakeholders.
- Experience working closely with development and business teams to communicate problem impacts and to understand business requirements.