Head of Security Assurance – India
Amazon Web Services (AWS), one of Amazon’s product lines, continues to expand its global presence in multiple verticals in international public sectors, life sciences and healthcare, and financial services. Do you have an extensive background in security and compliance with a passion for solving complex IT regulatory challenges with the cloud?
AWS offers a cloud platform with a global reach and Amazon Data Services India Private Limited (ADISPL), is looking for a passionate and experienced professional to lead the building and expansion of security risk and compliance programs in India. This role will provide thought leadership operating with a high degree of autonomy and visibility, building programs that will enable partners and customers throughout the India region to move their workloads and regulated data into the cloud by addressing their specific security, regulatory, and compliance requirements.
The ideal candidate should be a technically experienced and innovative security/compliance professional who has the ability to handle a wide range of compliance requirements, is willing to dive in to the details, can translate those requirements into applications for cloud computing and is able to communicate at executive levels. This would involve understanding requirements for Financial Services markets from the RBI, and certification process required for empanelment with Government agencies as may be applicable.
This key position requires specialized experience supporting locational assessments and authorization efforts and will have high visibility at the most senior levels, including frequent interaction with CISOs, CTOs, and Amazon’s senior leadership. The position, as part of the ADSIPL Security Assurance team will act as the primary interface to Security Assurance for the Indian market, will work with and get information and inputs from India Solutions Architect teams, and the business development and capture teams. The candidate will already have and continue to foster key relationships, be able to interpret the impacts of policy changes, and track and report on industry trends. This role would also involve ensuring that Amazon meets the global compliance standards and practices. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in local assessment and authorization relevant discussions. This includes synthesizing control requirements, and recommending and pursuing alternative approaches to developing compliance roadmaps to ensure compliance with global standards and policies.
- Work to resolve Security Assurance concerns and to understand how compliance is achieved while operating IT in the AWS cloud through deep dive discussions, strategic presentations/recommendations, and hands on demonstrations of compliance in the AWS environment
- Develop industry leading compliance related, customer-facing resources based on projected customer needs and current demand
- Assist the Security Assurance team in determining the strategic direction of the various compliance programs based on external interactions and demonstrative metrics.
- Be and remain connected with industry trends and events primarily in India, but also throughout the APAC region as it relates to Indian regulations and requirements for ensuring strict and continuous compliance with the global standards and practices.
- Develop and maintain personal relationships with key government industry personnel and policy makers.
- Assist work of Indian internal and external auditors or advisors as needed.
- Keep the Security Assurance leadership team fully informed of all engagement status, issues, and activities.